VU+ solo 2 - USB mount

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,175 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Ok, all set, satellite, internal hdd, recording + playback...

I have a USB stick 16Gb with some avi, mkv, mp4 file in it, and want to watch them, but cannot find it on the receiver...

What do I have to do to watch them? (Tried the upper back usb pot, and the front one, but nothing...)

Thanks

PS: just had a thought and checked it out... USB stick is NTFS... could that be the problem?

• Yes, it seems that's the problem... used another USB stick FAT32 with avi, mkv, etc, and while in the list of recorded programs I pressed MENU... then I got the option to MOUNT... and it was found... I MOUNTed it, it then asked to reboot, clicked on yes, and once back on I had to change the location (yellow button) and found the files in the USB to playback.

Now problem is the subtitles do not appear... subs are SRT file... any proposals on this one? Do I have to change the "encoding" of the subs somehow (they are not english)...

Thanks

PS: software is ViX 3.0.678

• Stevejo

don't have a backup... when I bought the receiver I asked to install ViX Team software so I don't have to do it since it would be my first linux receiver and I knew nothing about it...

Should I make a backup right away?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!