VU+UNO won't power up

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,894 times. The last Post () by gav99.

• Hi experts,

Today i decided to install a new HDD to my VU+UNO and also update my image from 1.7.2 to 2.0.3.
    After USB upgrade was done, rebooted the box fine, I searched for services, installed cam, mounted the HDD and restarted again.
    Now my box is stuck on red light doing nothing. Although i can hear the HDD spinning, the fan on the box is not working neither the network adapter is flashing.
    Not sure if this is a HW issue or bootloader issue.
    Any ideas?
    I just ordered a usb-serial cable and will try flashing the box with vu-util.

I bought the box 14-15 months ago, can't find the receipt but i believe that VU+ boxes have 2 years warranty correct?

Thanks for your help in advance

• Hi mate and thanks for replying.

I have already done this but no joy.
    I also ordered a polymeter because i want to check if this is a PSU fault.
    I would like to confirm somehow if this is HW or software issue.

Cheers

• Hi again,

Yes hdd is new and working, i connected it to my desktop just to confirm.
    If PSU board is powering correctly the mainboard, shouldn't the fan start working as soon as i switch on the box?
    The thing is that if i connect the hdd i can hear it spinning while everyrhing else in mainboard has no power.

• Hi Cazuela,

When i switch on the box nothing happens, just red light on and nothing on display.
    It doesn't boot up and won't read from usb. I will try flashing via serial VU util on Monday ( i ordered the cable) but i don;t think that this is the root cause.
    When i restarted the box first time after upgrade it booted fine and was able to finish configuration and watch channels fine. After i rebooted again, it stuck on red light.

thanks for replying

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!