Data leakage from prviouse image flash

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 580 times. The last Post () by deepspace221.

• I've a twilight zone mystery for you guys. I really don't know what to make of this...

I'm trying to flash a new openpli image and start my setup afresh.

I flashed a newly downloaded image for openpli with IE, but after its done flashing, the new image seems to retain some of the data from the previous install I had.

For example, I can see that my old extensions remind, and also the configs in /etc/tuxbox/config are still there.
    Though it did clean some of the other data like my /usr/script and /etc/enigma2/ folders.

I tried to forcibly rm -r /usr and to flash it again, but the same thing just happened.
    If I flash a different image then pli, the data finally erased, but if I flash openpli after that, it will just returned somehow.
    I really don't get from were and how it seemingly "spawn" data from thin air.

After a pli image flash, I hit the rest button on the IE page, the stb begin to reboot, get stuck in an early stage at the boot sequence, I do a power cycle, then it boots again, take longer than usual but complete it's boot this time, and then I arrive to my current position.

Downloaded the image from here: OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800se

I get after a "fresh" openpli install a total of 11mb free.

My mount seems to be nothing special there... Only an internal hdd currently connected.

Anyone got a clue what the f'n box is doing? I'm at my wits end.

First time for everything, I guess...

:59:

P.S.
    It's not a refresh thingy if it crossed your minds.
    The plugins do show up in the plugin browser in enigma, and are active.

• Some images will put a settings backup on the HDD incase you have to re-install it. I'm not overly familiar with the Pli image as i don't use it but that could be the issue here. Try Removing the sata cable from the HDD first and try the install again.

If it can't access any backup it should do a clean install. Worth a try as its the only thing i can think of. Failing that install a different image to the box first and then try flashing the Pli image again.

Nano

• That actually helped.

It made me remember I use the autobackup plugin once alone time ago, and forgot about it.
    I deleted the files and got no "surprises" waiting for me, finally.

It's actually a cool little feature when you know it's there... but it would help if it actually ASK you before hand.

Thanks nano for the quick fix.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!