venton HD1+ - getting too hot to handle, just like the song lol

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,650 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• howdy guys

i have been running this box for a week or so, both tuners are live, 1 at 28.2 and other tuner on motor.

i have the latest vix image and metro skin. over the last few days the box is getting extremely hot and now i cannot get a picture on Tuner A, Tuner B via motorised is working fine. i have reflashed this morning and still the same. think might have a faulty tuner?

what do you guys think?

• I've not had the pleasure of one of these boxes yet, but it should work the same as any other E2 box.

Have you tried plugging the other cable thats in Tuner B into tuner A just to see if you get a picture?

As long as the motor is left on 28e tuner A won't take any notice of the motor just the signal coming in. It may be possible that the fault is with the static 28e feed. This will at least rule out the satellite feed.

Nano

• The hd3 gets quite hot also above the tuners i would have expected it to be above the power supply , I have also noticed that im getting about a 5-7 % drop in signal intensity compared to my solo 2 event tried swapping coax to the lnb same result

• I wouldn't take notice of the signal readings from any receiver, they are usually only there for a rough guide of measurement at best.

I get two different readings off the same cable with my Gigablues, even though they have the same tuner and are running the same image. One receiver shows the signal strength as 5% lower than the other. It also seems to change slightly dependent on the image its running.

Nano

• I was looking at possibly buying one of the boxes, i may wait and see with the HD1 to see if anybody else complains about it.

The HD3 looks like a cracking box Stevejo, i'm a little envious of it to say the least :dribble:

Nano

• The next one is the duo 2 nano been waiting a long time for it , ill get one the beginning of august have another project to finish first ,if there is a draw for one ill try my luck again that will be £10+ a ticket im sure if there is one :snicker:

• well strange things have happened. its back working, but my worry is the heat, nothing is above it, so it has good ventilation. i think it must have a cut off temp (although not that i can see in the image) - it has been back working all afternoon, but it has locked up once and rebooted on its on, it is still rather hot.

it reminds me of how hot my onkyo gets and when i first had this receiver, it just gets really hot and thats normal.

PS Nano - your footer made me chuckle

• I was looking at possibly buying one of the boxes, i may wait and see with the HD1 to see if anybody else complains about it.

The HD3 looks like a cracking box Stevejo, i'm a little envious of it to say the least :dribble:

Nano

as for performance - i am really impressed with the box, it is the second 1 i have had the pleasure in messing with. i cant remember the first box being this hot though.

• hmm - well i certainly hope it wont do that.

it just locked up again, when it was moving dish round to 13east........... switched to jsc sport 1 all fine, when change to jsc sport hd1, box locks up and reboots. how is that for weird eh?

looks like this box is not ready to replace my duo just yet. i love the speed advantage but i would much rather wait a little longer and know that it will work all the time.

maybe i do have a faulty unit?

• have you checked the temperature and fan settings as i suggested earlier ??.

yes i did - it does not give details of temperature. under, setup, system, fan control. the only option is to change fan from auto, on, off thats it.

also another strange thing going on now, earlier i could get sly sports hd etc and other channels, but saying tune failed now, i can get bbc hd, and it locks up when i select jsc sport hd - again it is really hot.

i know the above sound like channel listings etc, but all is ok, as i am using same settings on my duo, swap cables over to the duo and all is working ok

• Any update on this as i am looking to get one of these and just wondering what happened

\robert

I have the hd3 gets warm at the tuners not very hot and stays warm even in standby unless you go into deep standby had no issues driving the dish or locking up ive had egami,vix,and openatv images on it no issues never locked up or froze so if your looking at the hd3 you will be ok

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!