SOLO2 problem with Tuner/EPG starting up.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,706 times. The last Post () by BaccHus25.

• Sorry I'm new to this and this is my first experience with Linux.
    Can someone please help me? I’m setting up new Vu+ SOLO2 and seem to get stuck on the part where I downloaded Cateye E2 dates 28/06/13 Send it FTP via DEC and re-started SOLO2 but it just comes on OpenVIX Image (all your needs at World of Satellite (this message may be because sponsor flashed Vix image for me). Message on SOLO2 box displays panel says “FROM BOUQET” Even if I restart the box it always comes up with this screen.

I can’t see channels lists/EPG etc.
    I’m not sure if it’s downloaded properly or thers is problem with my tuner set up. My tuners are set as below

Tuner A (LNB1): BCM 7356 DVB-S2 NIM(Internal) (DVBS2) - On Motor USALS and in advance configuration mode.
    I have scanned the Satellite from 19.2E to 30W and Scanned Satfinder to lock the satellites (I pressed exit on remote control as I could not see any option to save it). I did not set up positioner set up as I don’t think as I’m using USALS. I have not now store Sat Positions as I can’t see it under USALS Setting. However I have selected the option of DiSEqC mode = 1.2 (I’m not sure if it could cause any problems with USALS)
    Tuner B : 7356 DVB-S2 NIM(Internal) (DVBS2) is set up to simple Mode: Simple and it is attached directly to fixed dish on 28.2E. Send DiSEqC = yes
    I have setup CrossEPG and RytekEPG but nothing is showing when I press EPG on Remote. It just showing: Astra/Eurobird (28.2 East).

I can’t see any options to change the SAT or get to Favourite channels etc.

Service Information it shows as below.
    Name = Astra/Eurobird(28.2e)
    Provide = -
    Video format, Video Size, Video Codec : -
    Namespace: 0x00000000
    Service reference: 1:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQET “userbox

FTP and Tenet both working fine but SOLO2 keeps changing its IP Address.
    I seem to be stuck can you please suggest anything please? I'm sorry I could not attach any picCan someone please help me? I’m setting up new Vu+ SOLO2 and seem to get stuck on the part where I downloaded Cateye E2 dates 28/06/13 Send it FTP via DEC and re-started SOLO2 but it just comes on OpenVIX Image (all your needs at World of Satellite). Message on diplay of SOLO2 says “FROM BOUQET” Even if I restart the box it always comes up with this screen.

I can’t see channels lists/EPG etc.
    I’m not sure if it’s downloaded properly or problem with my tuner. My tuners are set as below
    Tuner A (LNB1): BCM 7356 DVB-S2 NIM(Internal) (DVBS2) - On Motor USALS and in advance configuration mode.
    I have scanned the Satellite from 19.2E to 30W and Scanned Satfinder to lock the satellites. I don’t think I need to use Positioner setup if I’m using USALS. I have now store Sat Positions as I can’t see it under USALS Setting. However I have selected the option of DiSEqC mode = 1.2 (I’m not sure if it could cause any problems with USALS)
    Tuner B : 7356 DVB-S2 NIM(Internal) (DVBS2) is set up to simple Mode: Simple and it is attached directly to fixed dish on 28.2E. Send DiSEqC = yes
    I have setup CrossEPG and RytekEPG but nothing is showing when I press EPG on Remote. It just showing: Astra/Eurobird (28.2 East) and it

I can’t see any options to change the SAT or get to Fav channels etc.
    If I got to Service Information it shows
    Name = Astra/Eurobird(28.2e)
    Provide = -
    Video format, Video Size, Video Codec : -
    Namespace: 0x00000000
    Service reference: 1:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQET “userbox
    FTP and Tenet both working fine but SOLO2 keeps changing its IP Address.

I seem to be stuck can you please suggest anything in simple terms please? I'm sorry but I could not attach any pictures, may be I'm new to this forum.

VU+ SOLO2, VIX(latest image) Technomate TM-2600 Super Motor(28.2E - 30W), Triax Dish 1.1m.

• Your post is rather long ,even considering you have repeated the information...
    It seems that you haven´t installed the settings ( this is the second stage after FTPing(transferring)
    First , FTP this latest catseye IPK over to volatile/tmp folder...
    then with the remote control in VIX ,manual install ipk
    or
    TELNET this command

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

after this , it will reboot the box ,
    once rebooted ,press UP arrow to bring up channel list,press BLUE for fav bouquets
    that should be it..

• Thank you for you reply. I just couldn't work out what the problem was so I thought I put it up what I've so some one like you could figure out quickly. Thanks for this and I will try it now.

VU+ SOLO2, VIX(latest image) Technomate TM-2600 Super Motor(28.2E - 30W), Triax Dish 1.1m.

• WOW Cazuela, Absolutely fab it worked like a treat.
    I spent all day yesterday and almost all day today but could not get my head round it. I should have just asked here. apology for the long post.

Thanks a lot for your help it's much appreciated.

• Please use the SEARCHBAR top right of this page..
    if you use key words like ,, installing, settings, channel, problem, there will be plenty to read ;)
    After searching and you still don´t understand then do by all means ask,
    after all ,we are here because we like to help and be helped.....
    :shake:

• Thanks mate, I thought I did prepare myself downloaded and printed 75 pages of of setting up help etc but obviously it didn't help with everything.
    Thanks again for the help.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!