nbox problems help please

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,640 times. The last Post () by mao996.

• hi im new on the forum and hoping somebody can help

I am a member of sataid forums and purchased my nbox from euro trans (comet24) and am on my second replacement nbox due to hardware failure and have about had enough of it

I now have 2 problems with my current nbox which comet24 the main man seems to have stopped answering messages and disappeared or maybe just wont reply to me :-/

first problem: VFD display has gone nuts all it shows is lit up square boxes all the way across the display. this wasn't such a major problem unless you need to reflash the box or anything which is impossible because the display will not display anything apart from these boxes.

second problem: now all my premium HD channels do not work correctly after a minute or so the go all jittery and it looks like they are in slow motion and not watchable. I have ruled out server issues as I have a dm800se and that works with them fine, so I know it is something to do with the nbox. I initially thought the image could have somehow got corrupt and would need a re flash to freshen things up but because on the first problem above it is not possible to do.

The VFD is not dead (as in nothing on the display) it lights up like a Christmas tree with just squares . I have tried the usual unplugging box etc but still have no joy

I have attached a picture of the vfd display from the nbox in the hope somebody can give me hand in sorting this out

Thanks

• Managed to sort the vfd by removing and re seating cable

And also seem to have cured my HD channel problem by replacing a few suspicious capacitors

• if HD channels stutter check electrolytic capacitors on the head and the main board

C270 - 470uF/16v - often
    C271 - 470uF/16v - often
    * C272 - 470uF/16v - often
    * C273 - 470uF/16v - often
    * C541 - 1500uF/16V - often
    * C122 - 1000uF/16V - rare, but it happens
    * C518 - 1000uF/16V - rare, but it happens

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

• cheers faza I did swap the capacitors and all is fine for now

can you look in the plugins section I tried to install tsmedia but it gives bad magic number on nebula zero

thanks pal

• I did notice on this receiver I was getting some very odd stuttering on HD channels while I was pasting over some ts files to the hard drive from another receiver. I checked on telent with the "free" command (you can also get the same info on the Nebula image under Menu - information - Info center), and noticed that during the file transfer, the available RAM was very low during the transfer, so I put it down to this, especially as I have not had any issues under normal conditions.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• gentlemen as falling electrolytic capacitors are reset in August uboot fleshu and then only resuscitation of up jumpers such A.020 A019 on the type of box

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

• Faza thanks for the help mate really appreciate it
    I don't suppose you got my pm about tsmedia did you?
    I am having trouble getting it to work
    I'm using the nebula zero v2 image
    Thanks again

• so u sure it them capacitors mate im goin mad here 80% hd channels jittering juttering wobbling blurry so did it work for u when u replaced them it fix ur hd channels

• I swapped only 2 capacitors
    It worked for a day or so and then started again

So assumed I need to replace the rest
    But since have thrown it in the bin as it was getting on my nerves

Was a good box when it worked but there was always something with it

If it wasn't jittering or recording something and not letting you watch it

Just got a new venton hd2 box which just makes the nbox feel like it was from the 1970s

• I am sure I posted this yesterday, but clearly not! - I started getting a lot of juddering on several HD channels after a few minutes of viewing, and after following some information I found on another thread about juddering on SH4 receivers in general, I set my receiver to 1080p 25hz, and the juddering has gone.

-edit - I did post this but on a different thread!

• Yeah I did see

Problem is a lot of people's TV's only support 50 and 60hz

I have a new set a lg cinema 3d that fully supports 3d but there is no option for 25hz
    And in the nbox settings it only give you 50 or 60 unless I am mistaken

• Yeah I did see

Problem is a lot of people's TV's only support 50 and 60hz

I have a new set a lg cinema 3d that fully supports 3d but there is no option for 25hz
    And in the nbox settings it only give you 50 or 60 unless I am mistaken

The NBOX will will give you 25hz option if you set it to 1080p in the NBOX's A/V settings - I have LG cinema 3D as well - you don't choose the refresh rate on the TV, you set it on the receiver and if the TV supports it then it will work, and having a similar or same TV as you have, I would imagine your TV will support it. Those who's TV is not full HD will be the ones who will have problems with this.

• We have 7 of these boxes from Comet24 all with HD jitter (regardless of bootloader or image used). Have yet to here back from him. Hopefully we can fix.

• Ok will do, just to let you know we returned all 4 nboxs due to failure and never received any repairs or refund. Be careful with comet24.

• well i got an nbox 5800sx off comet 24 and it has been a right bag of crap 1st one went back because the hard drive wasnt recognising and he sent me a replacement i put a mark on the bottom of the receiver with a permanant marker to see if he sent me the same box back but he had sent me a replacement now all i keep getting is crashing green screen and my tv keeps refreshing as if the hdmi socket is tripping out because it keeps coming up on my tv the resolution every so often it only happens when it has been switched on for about 20 mins i wish i had never bought one of these boxes because they must be the worst box on the market, the amount of posts you see with people having problems with these boxes are unreal, so i am gonna get rid of it and get a gigablue hd quad plus i have one last week i got for a mate of mine and it was amazing.

• Also consider a miraclebox as well
    I have the older style version for over 18 months now and it's been brilliant
    also bit from a reputable source that upholds their warranty as it does come useful in a unfortunate situation

The one thing I do like about the miraclebox is you can convert both tuners between *** and cable which gives it the edge of being slightly more future proof in regards what's happening with *** atm

Another plus is the miraclebox isn't a bank breaker either and has full support by a number of teams

- - - Updated - - -

Ok will do, just to let you know we returned all 4 nboxs due to failure and never received any repairs or refund. Be careful with comet24.

One thing with old comet24 is there's always a excuse for never being around when there is a problem
    I learnt the hard way and wouldn't trust him again

Also bare in mind these boxes are all second hand that were previously used by polish subscribers so they are all used which can put more emphasis on failure

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!