Another no CA error sim 2.1 on 800HD SE clone

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,549 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• HI

sorry for posting yet another message on this subject but none of the ones i have read address my problem directly, without realising that the box does not have a RS232 port, i've been out and bought a usb to serial lead and a null modem cable, they are now of no use whatsoever.

i then read that the flashing can be done with a usb-a to mini usb-b then i discovered that this was for sunray.

so my question is will the sunray flashup method work on the sim 2.01, failng that is there an alternative method i can use for my setup?

please help if you can i,m desparate.

thanks & regards: canthackit

• got another problem now i'm trying the sunray method, connected the usb cable the dialog box came up and said the drivers could not be found.

if anybody cares to reply to help can you tell either the name of the drivers and where they are likely to be located.

thanks again

regards: canthackit

• :too_sad:Hello i'm answering meself here...........

anyways i managed to get flushup 1.3.3.7 up and running and it got to the end of installing the image, i then got an error message cant remember exactly what it said but it was something like " dah de dah de your box is now unusable.................bricked it or what?

i've tried reflashing it since using dreamup, patced dreamup, and flashup.......everytime it gets to "calculating checksum" and it just hangs i left it for an hour nothing.

hope somebody answers i dunno what to do apart from cry :too_sad::too_sad:

• dont panic & cry yet bud... give DM optiflash a try -> Dreambox OptiFlasher Enigma2 EDition Latest Version

guide here too ->

• thanks mate

1: can't get it to work 1st thing is i have to use as i say a usb to mini usb lead, the 800se clones dont have a rs232 port.

2: cannot bring the DB clone ip by the normal method, i have to start flashup that will bring up the ip then close flashup and open optiflash.

3: first attempt almost completed the got an error message, and it would go no further.

4: now every other attempt i cannot connect.

i'm ready to cry again, part of the reason i'm canthackit

thanks & regards: canthackit

• You need to have your mini-USB & Ethernet cables connected bud ok.
    Try this -> switch on receiver
    Then using DCC under Dreambox IP.. set a search running to find your 800se IP
    I believe it should still be found here? Even in noCAerror mode?

Then go into optiflash add this IP with Dreambox as password & click on connect.

Follow the guide I added, it sorted me with similar issue i add few days ago!!

Inspiral

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• wothchya

nope! the DCC trick didn't work, still had to do the flashup method it still brings up 192.168.0.12 this shows on the display.

i do the username/pass and comport 4, click connect and get the connect ok, i select db800 se and select [ fix no ca mode] then i cannot do anything until i select auto reboot.

once i've done the settings and click on do job it just sits there with a blank screen

yep i'm crying, now added swearing and ranting, and jumping up and down.

sorry to have burdened you with my problem :thumbsup::

regards: canthackit

• yes mate

thats what i've been doing just in that order, and tried other ways as well.

but with all methods i've tried, it's just taken to sitting there looking ay me doing nothing.

i've been at it for 9 hours now, i'm over crying now i'm going to end it all, i cant take any more, goodbye cruel world goodbye.

thanks for all your help mate, it's much appreciated.

thanks & best regards: Canthackit

• thanks for sticking me mate beer10

to be honest no i havn't tried a different cable, but i certainly will when i can get one, which be as soon as i hope.

And errrrrr the link above i'm getting "file is removed" do you have an update on it please.

and yes i'm still here didn't end it all decided i'm going to beat this bloody CA error.

best regards: canthackit

• Appears that default IP address with DM is 192.168.1.77
    if your lan is not 192.168.1.1 to 254 all the tools will fail
    because they ask to switch off and on the box and any IP the you were able to get with NCF or DreamUp will reset to default
    try to ask a friend with that lan configuration
    same people do succeed in fixing the NO CA FOUND and others not.
    and I think is that the reason

• ok guys

i've done it, i just want to thanks to all concerned every piece of information/advice that was given was relevent, first as someone said the box does seem to default to 192.168.1.77, i managed to change the router ip to 192.168.1.1 to accomodate this but that didnt help, so i decided to change network cables blimey if i didn't work it took 30 secs to repair.... problem was tho when i booted the box the error came back, not having a clue why this kept happening so just kept changing the bootloader version, eventually i selected ssl84b this worked.

then i knew everything was going to be ok because on the webif page whereby if there is or has been a problem the "upgrade firmware"when there's been a problem is on the bottom left, this time on the webif page the "upgrade firmware" was center bottom and when i selected my image nemisis the spinner went off and running a smile appeared on my face and i said..........

so my heartfelt thanks to you all

thanks again best regards: canthackit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!