Attention free dyndns users....

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 540 times. The last Post () by master G.

• #
    Just got this reminder today and thought it might interest more than one user here....

If you would like to maintain your free Dyn account, you must log into your account once a month. Note that using an update client will no longer suffice for this monthly login. You will still continue to get email alerts every 30 days if your email address is current. Failure to login once per month will result in expiration and loss of your hostname.

We understand that the possibility of resulting service interruptions may be frustrating, so we are offering an upgrade offer to VIP status (Dyn Pro) for just $10 USD for the first year. Under this status, monthly login is not required and service will remain uninterrupted.

Here's how you get this done in two easy steps:
    1) Login to account.dyn.com.
    2) Click here to add the Pro service to your cart at the $10 VIP rate. The discount will be applied upon checkout.

Although it sounds simple enough to just enter the site once a month,,
    I reckon the VIP upgrade offer is to be considered by anyone truely into this hobby...

UPDATE:

Thank you for your purchase today. Our entire company works hard to provide the best DNS & Email Delivery in the industry today and your business helps us accomplish that. To that end, we have a pretty awesome additional offer for you.

Use the code below to give your friends, colleagues and anyone you know 15% off new non-enterprise DNS/Email Delivery services. If three of them become new Dyn customers, we'll give you a 30% voucher to use in the next year on any new/renewed service. How awesome is that? You'll get automated emails sent to you when they sign up and the discount will be applied to your account.

Enter the email addresses below, one per line. Click 'Send Referral Code To A Friend' and you're good to go!

So anyone interested just PM me ;)

• I have always used NO-IP. I thought they gave a better service than what i got from DYNDNS,

Its just down to user preference at the end of the day. With NO-IP you have to confirm the DNS is still active at least every 30 days, but this can be taken care of with their update program which just runs in the back ground on your PC.

They also do an enhanced service which is $14.95 a year although its usually cheaper come renewal time.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!