Tspanel installation on a dm800se clone

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,143 times. The last Post () by mfaraj57.

• Hi just got a dm800se clone with the a8p sim rather than adding a new image from day 1 I wanted to try it first with the image it came with from china
    i have tried to install tspanel plugin but with no joy
    i have connected to the dbox via FileZilla and copied the tspanel..... .ipk into the /tmp directory no pproblem but when I try to activate it from the dbox menu /setup/software management/install local extension I select local flash (only option) and then it instantly goes back to the previous screen
    am I ftping the file to the wrong directory or what
    thx roy

install local extension

You haven´t stated which version of Tspanel you are trying to install or which IPK version...
    after FTPing it over to /tmp go to /setup/software management/install local extension
    and press OK and it should install..
    another way is through TELNET :

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
  • Hi
    The full file name is "enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.2_mips32el.ipk"
    it was the most up to date version I could find.

Regards

Roy

• Official Post

Hi just got a dm800se clone with the a8p sim rather than adding a new image from day 1 I wanted to try it first with the image it came with from china
    i have tried to install tspanel plugin but with no joy
    i have connected to the dbox via FileZilla and copied the tspanel..... .ipk into the /tmp directory no pproblem but when I try to activate it from the dbox menu /setup/software management/install local extension I select local flash (only option) and then it instantly goes back to the previous screen
    am I ftping the file to the wrong directory or what
    thx roy

You haven´t stated which version of Tspanel you are trying to install or which IPK version...
    after FTPing it over to /tmp go to /setup/software management/install local extension
    and press OK and it should install..
    another way is through TELNET :

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

Hi
    The full file name is "enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.2_mips32el.ipk"
    it was the most up to date version I could find.

Regards

Roy

mips32el.ipk is for OE2 images, what are you using?
    You need to use the force-overwrite command to install the plugin, ftp the ipk to /tmp then put this in telnet.

Code
    opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-[COLOR=#ff0000]enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.2_mips32el.ipk[/COLOR]

If the version is different change file name accordingly.

Before attempting to install make sure you have the correct version for your image !

• Hi
    The image is what the Chinese put on before shipping
    The information list on the box is
    enigma2 2012-11-03-3-2
    Image release 3.2.4 2012-11-04
    Frontprocessor version 3

Hope this help to tells you enough about the image to help further

Regards. Roy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!