DEKODER NBOX 5800SX anygood?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,106 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi guys, seen this box on ebay are they anygood as a twin tuner for 28.2? and what chipset are they as im on a gm triplex suffering from the judder on hd channels enigma.

Thanks for any info you guys can tell me.

Bob.

• Hi - I have been using this receiver for a few days now, for the price it is very good - it is SH4 chipset, so don't expect the support to be amazing as it would with mips chipset, but the PKteam are doing a good job with this. The Nebula Zero image is very good, or if you want more plugin support, then the Hyperion image based on OpenPLi offers this. The best way to go is to install the images on an HDD partition after initally installing on NAND to get the option to install on the HDD. I found the Nebula Zero is the most stable in NAND flash, but the hyperion is my preferred image and is most stable from the HDD. Some people have had issues with HD juddering, some have found it to be a problem with the hardware and replaced some capacitors, I had an issue and found it to be a memory issue and only happened when I was writing a lot of stuff the the HDD.

These receivers are modded so they can use E2 images, so they will always technically be second hand, and generally you will get a 3 month warranty not a 1 year one, but where else will you get a receiver like this for that price?

Not much to lose in my opinion.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I was more than happy with mine, although i do get bored easily so i got rid of it to get another MIPS receiver. I still have my 5800s which i have PKT Nebula Zero on. It does what its supposed to , although if you want a receiver that has all the whistle and bells you need a MIPS one.

Nano

• I am getting juddering on HD channels after further testing, so maybe not such a good idea after all. Seems looking around this is a common issue.

• I am getting juddering on HD channels after further testing, so maybe not such a good idea after all. Seems looking around this is a common issue.

Yes this seems the same problem on all sh4 boxes trying to use 28.2 , as i understand the chipset makes are working on a fix, this only affects the enigma side so if you run spark, mipsel boxes etc the judder is not there. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

• Yes this seems the same problem on all sh4 boxes trying to use 28.2 , as i understand the chipset makes are working on a fix, this only affects the enigma side so if you run spark, mipsel boxes etc the judder is not there. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Setting the resolution to 1080p 25hz seems to have cured the juddering for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!