I hope I haven't bought a clone?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 840 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• I tried to fill in my details into the Plugin; 'Return the Love Event' it asks for the first 2 or 3 letters of the serial number and then the numerals, next line down. I have tried this several times and it only comes up with a 'D' and nothing else. I have sent VUplus.com an email to check if the receiver I have bought is 'pucker' if not the company I bought the receiver from is in the 'S****' to say the least. I am most probably getting too worried as the company I deal with have a lot to lose.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Like Tebaa said.....no Clones of the Solo2 have surfaced yet so i think you can rest assured its not a Clone buddy!

Perhaps see what vuplus come back with! if your entering the correct details!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• To be honest i have always found the return the love plugin to be a total waste of time as with the duo's and solo's it more often than not would return a positive ie not a clone result even when it was a clone. also i'm not even sure if Vu have updated the plugin to take into consideration the newer boxes as the solo2 was not even built when this plugin was launched.

if you have used a reputable seller you should be fine and as the others have said no solo2 clones have surfaced as of yet.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I shall forget the 'Love Plugin', as you say phoenix something that is never updated. Anyway knowing my luck I would most probably win the booby prize. Thanks for all your input gents, as usual getting cocerned over nothing.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• There are a few things you can look for if you suspect it's a clone.

such as a version sticker on the rear of the receiver such as v2 or v3.
    a sticker on the top lid of the receiver in the bottom left corner ( with the receiver facing you ) offering a URL for "safe images".

there are also other things to look out for if your concerned, but as already said, there are no solo2 clones on the market yet to my knowledge.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Nope , no versions numbers and no url. It's just me reading about clones and not wanting to get stung. I am re-assured now and will forget the about, HUH! love plugin :thumbsdown: and carry on enjoying better tv.

Again thanks guys, as always 'trust the more experienced' to one's mind at rest.

case closed

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!