Not getting on with Cool TV Guide 6,4

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,173 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• I am so used to older Cool TV Guide versions that I cannot (yet) live with 6.4. My problem is that before I can install an older version I must first uninstall Cool TV Guide 6.4, but cannot find out how. Any help would be most appreciated.

• Yes I know - that take me to the Addons Uninstall menu, but that only lists that addons that I had installed manually (ftp into /temp) the Cool TV Guide was downloaded and installed from TSPanel/Tunisiasat Vuplus/plugins - and hence I am struggling.

• If you ftp into your box you can uninstall it manually.

Goto \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\

Delete the coolman folder and restart your box.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• You're my hero! Actually it was in \usr\lib\enigma2\python\plugins\extensions, but that got it deleted. Unfortunately enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V6.3.0_mips32el.ipk won't install on BH 2.0.4 so I may have to stick with 6.4 anyway!! However, I am now close to going back to 2.0.3 since every time I boot the Solo2 my DNS settings get lost (never happened in 2.0.3).

• GREEN-YELLOW ( BH addons manager)
    ADDONS download manager
    BH addons plugins
    Go through the list and you will see both versions : v6.1.0 + v6.4.0
    you decide which one you want to use...download and it will auto-install
    full reboot after and then enter plugins and set it up as you want it...
    DNS settings need to be saved and a full restart is required ...

• A job for the morning. However, Cool TV Guide 6.4 cannot be configured as earlier version since pressing "EPG" will only give you one type of guide - it cannot be configured any different (you can use other buttons to bring up other guides or not - they are the options). Regarding DNS settings - there is no Save! You can change them "Press OK to use" - instantly the network works. Go to standby and return - network still works. Reboot - no network - DNS now 0.0.0.0. Driving me crazy!

• Official Post

A job for the morning. However, Cool TV Guide 6.4 cannot be configured as earlier version since pressing "EPG" will only give you one type of guide - it cannot be configured any different (you can use other buttons to bring up other guides or not - they are the options).

Open cool tv then press menu buddy, what options are you missing?

• I will need to reinstall it again to give you exact option wording (give me a couple of hours to get the kids to school). But unless the DNS issue can be resolved I have no option but to go back to 2.0.3. There is NO save option, and a reboot erases my DNS - this is crazy!! Even if I can find the system file where the DNS config is stored and do a manual edit and save I would live with that, but entering it every day is madness.

• I'll report in this thread - though the issue probably belongs somewhere else!

There is a bug in BH2.0.4 which was causing my DNS not to be saved. I use a fixed ip. Upon installing 2.0.4 the initial setup gives the option of restoring settings - if I say "no" then everything works fine DNS is saved etc. However if I respond "yes" my network adapter setting, minus the DNS, are restored, but DNS is lost everytime I reboot. I have no way of fixing this so my 2.0.4 build is on hold (back to 2.0.3) until either a fix/workaround is found, or I have the time to start again.

• I'll report in this thread - though the issue probably belongs somewhere else!

There is a bug in BH2.0.4 which was causing my DNS not to be saved. I use a fixed ip. Upon installing 2.0.4 the initial setup gives the option of restoring settings - if I say "no" then everything works fine DNS is saved etc. However if I respond "yes" my network adapter setting, minus the DNS, are restored, but DNS is lost everytime I reboot. I have no way of fixing this so my 2.0.4 build is on hold (back to 2.0.3) until either a fix/workaround is found, or I have the time to start again.

If it were me ,I´d install the v2.0.4 , then install any plugins, emu, settings that I might have still in IPK format for easy install,
    Once our addons plugin is installed there are some if not all decent /recent plugin versions..
    Then FTP over my .config file(s) above channelinfo...
    most important, although frustrating it may seem, it´ll be worth it as you "mod" your image to your likings..
    I would respond NO.
    enjoy

• Obviously, I will respond "no" now knowing this, but if there is a "yes" option it should work. The reason for reporting here is that I have reported pulling my hair out on this issue, so having worked out the problem I just might save someone else the total frustration it causes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!