Eaglebox worth the money

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,232 times. The last Post () by nano.

• I've always bought Linux boxes but £50 for a hd box I'm curious to see how it holds up.

I can see there is next to nothing support on them. Skins and pivots don't seem to available nor do plugins...channel lists also not updated regiulary

Any owners out there care to share their experience with them....?

• I bought one of these (well the Eagle mini HD which is the same but smaller) at the beginning of last year - false claims about what it was capable of doing, very bad support for external HDD, problems connecting to my internal network, crashing, lack of support etc etc - to cap this, I got a hostile response form a certain forum (where the developers hang out!) after commenting on the false claims, lack of support for the HDD etc etc!!! - I paid 85 quid for mine when it came out, and sold it 6 weeks later for half that.

So - is it worth the money?

Well it is cheap at 45 quid.

I would say it is worth half that at best, considering that you can pay twice that and get something ten times better.

I would be happy if this fell out of an xmas cracker, and that is about it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Is that the same forum i got a hostile response for a certain crappy receiver i purchased last year Muso :lolz:

• Is that the same forum i got a hostile response for a certain crappy receiver i purchased last year Muso :lolz:

Don't think so, it was another well known forum that is well known for gagging people who criticise the retail operation's wares that it is related to.

independence is important if you want the best advice, that is why we like it here:hello:

I have previously stated that I think it is not great but worth the money, but changed my mind after paying peanuts for things that are miles better!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Its OK for £45 if you just want to watch TV on it and nothing more. If you want something with all the whistles and bells it has top be a MIPS based Enigma 2 receiver.

I still wouldn't buy one from either of the main sellers in the UK no matter how cheap they are. I've had nothing but grief and contempt from both of the sellers. A second hand unit from eBay would be your best bet as they are going for as little as £30.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!