Hard drive issue

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 536 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hello I have a vu+ solo using Blackhole hyperspace its running perfect. I have connected my 120gb 3.5 internal hard drive that I removed from an old pc, I have it connect via an ide to usb cable and powered seperately to the mains. My vu finds it mounts and works records perfect the only thing is that its spinning constantly and quite noisy even in standby. Ive set it in hard drive settings to sleep after a certain legnth of time and even tried hdd sleep plugin but niether make the disk sleep. Like I said its powered seperately to the mains socket so Im not even sure how the box could control the hard drive. Any help please.

• Official Post

Hello I have a vu+ solo using Blackhole hyperspace its running perfect. I have connected my 120gb 3.5 internal hard drive that I removed from an old pc, I have it connect via an ide to usb cable and powered seperately to the mains. My vu finds it mounts and works records perfect the only thing is that its spinning constantly and quite noisy even in standby. Ive set it in hard drive settings to sleep after a certain legnth of time and even tried hdd sleep plugin but niether make the disk sleep. Like I said its powered seperately to the mains socket so Im not even sure how the box could control the hard drive. Any help please.

Hi predeh your first post should be here buddy.
    Introductions

Because the hdd is powered from an external source i dont think there is much you can do about the standby situation, perhaps a silent enclosure like this is an option.

Code
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/a-silent-solution_Page-11
  • Introductions
    first post should be an introduction.

Simple answer is you probably can't do anything about it. The box clearly isn't able to put the HDD to sleep - It is externally powered and unless there is a sleep mode on the caddy or however else you have it set up, I doubt you can get it to sleep. Might be an idea getting a caddy that supports putting it to sleep.

Edit = I am too slow with my response - ditto ten:dribble:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!