Which configuration to purchase? Vu + DUO 2

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,842 times. The last Post () by mrblonde.

• Right! Thanks to the members who have helped me so far!! I'm buying one of these Duo 2 boxes.

I intend to put a HDD in myself - approximately a 1 - 1.5tb HDD. As the box takes either 2.5" or 3.5" is there any good one recommended? is 3.5" more reliable as its intended for Workstations rather than laptops?

main question is which one to get?

VU+

1. VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY £449
    2. VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Twin + 1x Single Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY £488
    3. VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Twin + 1x DVB-C/T Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY £488
    4. VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Single + 1x DVB-C/T Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY £449
    5. VU+ Duo 2 (2x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY £518

Whats the difference between single tuner and DVB-C/T Tuner?

DVB-S2 - this is the normal digital satellite signal correct?

I'll be getting the 97cm motorised package deal with this, so will want to be able to watch something on this, while recording two freesat channels all at the same time.

cheers guys

• Ok regards HDD, either size will do the job buddy, I have used 3.5 with a duo and also a 2.5 with a solo2, both were Western Digital and have never gave one bit of bother. Although if you are going to be buying one to fit in your Duo2 you could have a look at what the sponsor is offering, it means your box will be coming with the hdd already fitted.

The difference between a single s2 tuner and a DVB-C/T is that the s2 is the type that you connect a cable to from your sat dish, the DVB-C/T tuner is the type that you connect your aerial to for freeview etc.

If you want to record two freesat channels while watching another you will need a twin s2 tuner in one of the rear slots along with a single s2 tuner in the other slot.

DVB-S2 is the normal tuner you connect to from a sat dish, yes

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Also worth noting is that the DVB-C/T tuner wont allow you to tune in the terrestrial HD channels in the UK as we use the DVB-T2 standard for HD, Vu are rumoured to be in the process of developing a DVB-T2 tuner however.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!