Surnray4 tuner inserted into a linux PC PCI-E x16 slot

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 307 times. The last Post () by deepspace221.

• Before you do further testing, you need to research a bit more to ensure that the voltates are the same. Inspect more closely to check the points at which things connect to prevent you shorting anything etc - but the biggest hurdle if your card survives the initial fitting, would be getting drivers to get it working.

Probably a no-go tbh - I can't at a glance see any documented accounts of others doing this.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Yeah, didn't find much info either...

At the moment I only want to make sure, that if I do that nothing will go up in somke, and the equipment will remain operational.

I realy have no idea where to begin to check about voltages and the like, and even if I find information regerading that, It will probably be too much technical for me and I won't understand it properly/fully.

Is the dreambox use the same pci-e standard? Isn't a simple question enough?

Regreding drivers... I'll cross that brige when I get there. First thing first.

I'm actually not looking spcificaly to run the sunray tuner in there, and looking at this from an economical stand point, begin that I see there are an array of tuners to this market which are sold quite significally cheaper than those of the "PC market" equivalent. Can save me quite abit...

I'm very surprise there is not an higher interset in this, which can be quite beneficial to many people, and that it seems no one had already tried it beforehand.

Is the sunray driver open source, btw? If I have the source, can I just compile it to an x86 version?

• If i was you i wouldnt try it ive just fitted an extra fan to venton box with a molex splitter and the cable and the voltages are opposite where its 5v on the pc its 12v , but nothing ventured nothing gained if you can afford to do it try and if you succeed you can take the credit for it and the tut on how to do it im sure many a device has been blown in the name of progress

Steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!