installed latest vix 3.0.702 - cannot record 2 different premium channels at same tim

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,488 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• So, ive never had this issue before.
    I just went from v 2.4 of Vix to the latest v3.

I cannot record Ch4 HD + RT HD at same time.
    I CAN record say CH4 HD + BBC ONE HD at same time, because BBC is free to air.

So what the hell is going on? i dont get why it doesnt work all of a sudden. Any ideas?
    Both my tuners are configured exactly the same as before, Single, simple, 28.2 satellite etc.

• menu/setup/system/customise/ and make sure prefered tuner is set to auto and first try bbc2 lets say and itv bearing in mind you need to stay on one of them as you dont have 3 tuners and take it fron there

Steve

yes its on auto.
    Ive never had this problem before.

I can record 1 premium channel, whilst watching another at the same time.

I cannot record 2 premium channels at the same time (regardless of whether im viewing one of them or not). This is not right.

i CAN record BBC 2 and ITV at same time, because BBC 2 isn't a subscription premium channel, its free to air. The problem is only with different premium channels

• yes its on auto.
    Ive never had this problem before.

I can record 1 premium channel, whilst watching another at the same time.

I cannot record 2 premium channels at the same time (regardless of whether im viewing one of them or not). This is not right.

Have you upgraded or done a fresh install bud as there was a point with vix where the drivers and kernel updated and it was recommended to avoid issues to have done a fresh install think it was after 3.0.664 so an upgrade may be your issue , as a matter if interest have you tried both coax on their own to make sure both work ?

• Have you upgraded or done a fresh install bud as there was a point with vix where the drivers and kernel updated and it was recommended to avoid issues to have done a fresh install think it was after 3.0.664 so an upgrade may be your issue , as a matter if interest have you tried both coax on their own to make sure both work ?

-it was a fresh install, flashed, installed - not upgraded.
    - i have tried both tuners independently, they are both fine. I have no issue watching 1 premium channel whilst watching another premium channel. I simply cannot record at the same time 2 different premium channels.
    - i have never had this issue with previous versions of Vix 2.xx

• Sorry just had a thought are you on a card or cline , if its a cline you might not get both premium channels as it depends on the server setup , best ask who gave you it if so

its my own card, my own subscription, all legit in that sense.
    looks like im going back to vix 2.4

as i say, i can visually watch 1 premium channel, whilst recording on another premium channel, at the same time.

If i wanted to Record the premium channel i was watching, Whilst continuing to record the other premium channel at the same time, The EPG comes up with a 'timer sanity error' and it wont let me do it.

• Have you upgraded or done a fresh install bud as there was a point with vix where the drivers and kernel updated and it was recommended to avoid issues to have done a fresh install think it was after 3.0.664 so an upgrade may be your issue , as a matter if interest have you tried both coax on their own to make sure both work ?

That was for the solo2 mate, the last kernel change for the Duo was mid way through the 2.3 series image. a upgrade from 2.4 to 3.0 should not have any major issues, both of my own Duo's are working fine on this build.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• How do you have the EPG setup ? I would do a factory reset, then before you setup the EPG again try recording both channels.. If it works you know it was how the EPG was setup..

thats the very guide i followed to set up cross epg....
    oh well, i'll reinstall and do what youve suggested anyway. i'll report back.

• okay panic over.
    Reflashed, its fine.

I think i know what happened - it was a fault with the EPG, but user fault.....I think i selected crossepg to download data off open TV 28.4, instead of 28.2. Maybe it thought I was trying to record programs off 2 different transponders and wouldnt allow it, or the EPG data didn't correspond with the tuner.

Whatever, it works now. Thanks for all the input.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!