Kinda lost nbox 5800sx

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,774 times. The last Post () by elmoemo.

• Just got one of these boxes off a mate to try and set up for him but im a bit stumped. Read multiple threads on here and picking up bits and pieces but no definitive answers for me that i can understand atm. Ive set up vu duos and openboxes before so am very capable in that sense with DCC etc. I was able to change language to english easy enough and set up a channel list for uk via dream edit. My problem is I want to upgrade to nebula v3 as i want crossepg etc but not sure how to do it as i read i need multi boot or b4t or something. If/when i get done il write a tutorial for other noobs with this box lol. All I want is to be able to have only UK lists on box with 7 day epg(picons dont matter to me) and obviously be able to record 2 channels. Im totally lost with oscam but one step at a time. Any help is greatly appreciated, havent been active on here since i signed up as you can probably tell but am very active elsewhere and will try and do the same here now too :D.

• not sure all it says when i turn it on is enigma 2 in white writing on a black background. Default UI is an orange colour if that helps. If not is there anyway I can check that?

Random question, is there an app for android that i can use for this forum as cant find it on tapatalk?

• Never used taptalk or used any android app to browse the forum so can't really help there.

http://linuxsat-support.com/nb…box-5800s-how-change.html

above is a good place to start. If your receiver says 'nbox' on the front panel immediately after booting, then it has the right uboot for Nebula image. Nebula Zero is IMO (and most other's) better than Nebula V3 (more stable) and will suit your needs.

Once you are are on the right uboot, then stick in the usb with the image on you want to flash (ensure you have downloaded and using the one that is, (from memory) turn on the receiver and as turning on repeatedly press the up (or down) arrow until you land on 'update' - press OK and it should flash the image

http://linuxsat-support.com/nb…ling-pkt-nebula-nbox.html

above thread has the images, the update file and the info you need.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Elmoemo, like I said in the message Nebula Zero v2 is best for you for now. Has your box been modded to Enigma 2? way to find out is open the box and see if there are wires crisscrossing the board. If so you need to choose the right way of booting. As Musogeek has said you need to get the right boot on first. Follow the two sets of instructions and shout if you get stuck, someone will help you. As for Crossepg, its already installed with Nebula Zero v2 as are a number of other plugins available.

• Elmoemo, like I said in the message Nebula Zero v2 is best for you for now. Has your box been modded to Enigma 2? way to find out is open the box and see if there are wires crisscrossing the board. If so you need to choose the right way of booting. As Musogeek has said you need to get the right boot on first. Follow the two sets of instructions and shout if you get stuck, someone will help you. As for Crossepg, its already installed with Nebula Zero v2 as are a number of other plugins available.

Didnt want to keep pestering you with every small problem i had incase you got sick of it lmao whats the difference in v2 and v3? Would 3 not be better as its more up to date or am I assuming wrong and it has bugs and what not.

• Just turned box off and on and 1st message to appear is u-boot 1.3.1 053 then NAnd then Load then nbox and E2 so im assuming by your above post is right for nebula image. The link you posted said i need b4t for nebula 3 but if you guys are recommending nebula zero 2 then i think i should go with it. Tomthered thanks as always for you help, I still have all the pms and appreciate them :D gettin there slowly but surely

found the image you were talking about

http://linuxsat-support.com/nb…85-nebula-zero-v-2-a.html

but which download link do i need nand or usb/sata or hdclone?

• Sounds like the Nand 7.1.6 or 7.1.7 iamge

You are in Freebox uboot at the moment. To install Nebula you have to get it into B4T uboot, that is providing Duoboot is installed.

Switch on the receiver holding the up button you then need to do is select B4 and press OK. It should then go into the right uboot for installing Nebula. Switch the receiver off.

Put your USB into the box containing the three files needed to install nebula.

Switch the receiver on again holding the up button until you see the UpDt. Press OK and it should start to install Nebula.

If you don't see UpDt then you are still in the Freebox uboot loader and you wont be able to install nebula.

• im assuming duo boot is not installed as holding up and then turning box on (i held up button all the way through boot to channel launch and nothing happened) how do I go about installing duo boot?

NVM ignore that post i thought you meant on the remote not box - i selected the option b4-u and it says NAND on the box and 4 lights are lit up now. Will download nebula zero 2 as recommend and try to install and let you know how i get on. Do i need to download all 3 files on the link? (the usb/sata, the hdclone and the nand image) and put all 3 on the usb?

• Nand is for Nand but the USB SATA one is for either of them I assume its the way its programmed as it looks towards the right code, unsure to be honest, but I use the appropriate one for its destination.

went with the nand one and am up and running just going to ftp some files now and see how i get on

• Yes Username is root, password is pkteam. No wonder you cant access it!! Now take a make up of the image and put the USB/SATA one onto hard drive or USB like I said, the difference is tremendous!! You know what to do to install to HDD?

• Yes Username is root, password is pkteam. No wonder you cant access it!! Now take a make up of the image and put the USB/SATA one onto hard drive or USB like I said, the difference is tremendous!! You know what to do to install to HDD?

sent you PM installed as nand and all was well and good

• Best to run it off a USB stick rather than off the hard drive as it will prematurely cause the HDD to fail if its spinning all the time. Remember these are refurbished boxes, you have no idea how old the HDDs are or how much use they have had previously.

Nano

• Best to run it off a USB stick rather than off the hard drive as it will prematurely cause the HDD to fail if its spinning all the time. Remember these are refurbished boxes, you have no idea how old the HDDs are or how much use they have had previously.

Nano

what about running it off the NAND is that not alright?

• I now have box setup with 7 day epg, recording to hdd, nebula zero v2 image running smoothly. Will now follow tomthereds instructions for oscam and see how i get on :D thanks for everyones help greatly appreciated :D

• Couldnt figure it out at all and now tomthered is on holidays lol nano if i sent you my oscam files (with a test line details as i would set up) would you be able to tell me if im doing something wrong?

• Couldnt figure it out at all and now tomthered is on holidays lol nano if i sent you my oscam files (with a test line details as i would set up) would you be able to tell me if im doing something wrong?

Probably best if the problem is oscam search the oscam wiki, threads and tutorials, then if you are stuck, open up a thread in the oscam support section, post your configs there (blanking out any sensitive bits) - give a little bit of info on your setup (card etc, and how far you have got) and then take it from there. It shouldn't be a problem getting you sorted out fairly quickly if you did this!

• Probably best if the problem is oscam search the oscam wiki, threads and tutorials, then if you are stuck, open up a thread in the oscam support section, post your configs there (blanking out any sensitive bits) - give a little bit of info on your setup (card etc, and how far you have got) and then take it from there. It shouldn't be a problem getting you sorted out fairly quickly if you did this!

nvm got it sorted (searched google and found elsewhere) thanks for everyones help, will do a wee tutorial to explain how i done it and hopefully will help others in my positiion :D

• nvm got it sorted (searched google and found elsewhere) thanks for everyones help, will do a wee tutorial to explain how i done it and hopefully will help others in my positiion :D

Shame you had to go elsewhere to get this working - all the info is in here in the oscam sections:thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!