vu duo update, things slightly wrong, help please.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 942 times. The last Post () by dazzlaa.

• Hi all,
    I updated my vix image today on my VU+duo and did not make a backup. 1st mistake. The update went absolutely fine, or so i thought, but it deleted my CCcam.cfg.... I used a previous backup to restore everything but the backup is not completing fully and it leaves me unable to access the box via ftp to retrive the .cfg file although the channels do become active once again albeit with a white lined box around the screen?!. So my question is basically this; can i create a dump of the cfg from the box to usb or does anyone know why i cannot access the box via ftp after the restore?

Thanks for any help :)

• You have not bothered to read the rules :Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
    you have not even bothered to introduce yourself in introductions... so nobody will answer a complete stranger..
    Although you seem to be in a panic and perhaps you have just overlooked these small details,
    it is possible to rectify your mistakes now..
    You could try with DCC check the IP of the stb hasnt changed....
    Where you have the DCC folder ,you will see DCC.ini ..open this and you will see the password on the image..
    you could try flashing the backup again until it does install fully...

• sorry... i joined this forum some time ago and logged in with existing details. I assumed i had already introduced myself! I will correct that. :)

• Im not entirely up to speed with these terms im afraid. I set up the box some time ago with help from a friend and have updated the image once myself previously. however i am by no means an expert. What is the DCC check you refer to?

I was thinking maybe if i reloaded the vix 2.4 image which was on the box previously, would the backup work correctly? all i want is to access the etc folder.

thanks so much for the help.

• by default unless you disable it ViX 3.0 automatically creates a settings backup as part of a online update. if you FTP into the receiver and retrieve this file you can open it using 7zip to get your CCcam.cfg file back.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I cant access via ftp anymore. The login fails everytime. If I reload the new image, ftp works fine but cccam.cfg is missing. If I restore the backup then the channels work so I can safely say the ccam.cfg is there. But it wont let me into the box via ftp. I need to extract the cccam without ftp or us the dcc check as suggested by Casuela, although im not entirely sure what that is yet.

• simple way around this, load up the backup as normal then navigate to

Blue button> ViX> backup manager > Menu > change the backup location to /media/usb/ ( presuming you have a USB stick mounted ), then green to save.

now create a new backup with the green button, once complete remove the USB stick and plug it into your PC / laptop then use 7zip to open it up and retrieve your CCcam.cfg file.

also for the record you can not use a settings backup from ViX 2.4 to ViX 3.0 or vice versa as it will break things such as the FTP protocol.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• ok, I have retrieved the .CFG file and reloaded the new VIX image to the box. I scanned for al channels and then connected via FTP and copied the .cfg file to /etc folder. however nothing is showing up in softcam manager and my channels do not work. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any help.

• have you installed CCcam?and made sure it,s running?also if your having trouble with ftp into box, check your IP as not changed from the one you set,cheers satcat

• You will have to excuse my limited knowledge.... I thought by adding the .cfg file, that would enable the channels? Have I missed out a step altogether here? I need to install CCcam? I remember adding somthing via the downloads page on the duo when i first bought it but cannot find a CCcam install.

oh FTP is working fine again now as Im running the new image, problems only started when i used a backup from previous image but as pheonix informed me, using a image from a different image breaks the FTP

• press the blue button,, see if you have any cams installed?
    if you have CCcam installed select it using arrow buttons, and save it,, cheers satcat

• Yes! That was the missing ingredient. Had to install the .ipk file and activate. Thanks everyone for your help and time. much appreciated :)

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!