Best 'Enigma 2' Image for Alien 2

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,937 times. The last Post () by poo417.

• Hi all I am sorry to say that I have this pile of poo of a box. I had condemned it the going in the dump pile. However I have decided to dig it out and give it to a mate who is rather low on funds and probably more tolerant than me. I will be honest I have tried a few images one being from the 'official uk supplier' that was crap and recently got banned from that forum for daring to mention the box and support was utter crap and asking advice about a decent replacement... :haha:

Anyhoo I have one form one here scooters one from march April. The one and only thing that is driving me mad is the stuttering that starts after 3 - 10 mins and can only be sorted by flicking off and on the channel quickly. This REALLY SUCKS!

Is this just the fact the box sucks or is an image or setting that can be done to solve this. Everything else is a PIA but this one make the box useless and I would not give it to a mate if he cant even watch tv properly.

I am planning on getting a vu+ duo2 quad tuner and putting my ultimo in our bedroom but need to get this POS half working first.

Many thanks

John

• Cheers guys will take a look. Scooters is based on the hdmu. The image is the best so far but that is not saying much.... Will take a look at the PK Hyperion and OpenAR-P Images.

Many thanks

John

• you could always use spark, no juddering on that side of things. The only problem there is epg is crap. although it is supposed to be fixed with version .68, you amy have to update it trough the usb. IPTV streaming is also good.

On most images there will be some studdering, Im using pkt hyperion image, and there is studddering although it is not as bad.
    I would advice you to give spark a go and see what you think.

• you could always use spark, no juddering on that side of things. The only problem there is epg is crap. although it is supposed to be fixed with version .68, you amy have to update it trough the usb. IPTV streaming is also good.

On most images there will be some studdering, Im using pkt hyperion image, and there is studddering although it is not as bad.
    I would advice you to give spark a go and see what you think.

If you have already updated to version 1.65 of spark you can update to 1.68 via online update

• Cheers guys I will look at it. Switching to spark from my current image is a nightmare of stopping and starting but can try a new spark image. If it has a half way usable epg which I have yet to see in spark. I will just give it to my mate with spark running.

• I have seen some people stating that if you turn the screen refresh frequency down to 25Hz that it stops the juddering, how much truth there is in this i don't know.

I will be honest I have tried a few images one being from the 'official uk supplier' that was crap and recently got banned from that forum for daring to mention the box and support was utter crap and asking advice about a decent replacement..

Don't worry mate, Been there, got the Tee Shirt and the book. It is really sad that the shop who shall remain nameless feels that they have to ban members from their own forum just for giving an opinion of their crappy Alien 2 receivers.

I've been on the receiving end of their so called customer services as most people probably know and have come out of it fairly unfazed and only £13 down although i do know of people who haven't been so lucky.

It harks back to the days of that other famous forum we all know and love ran by a really nice man from Albania :lolz:

I got banned from his forum too due to issues with the Eaglebox all those years ago :haha:

Nano

• There is a wee fix by Pauldb will see if I can find the "how to" and post, still like my Alien2 nano, I know from our past posts we dont see eye to eye with this one but untill the judder this box ran like a dream for me. But saying that I had never had a MIPS box so didnt know know different.

• From Paulbd

Hope he is ok with me posting this:

This fix will only work on TVs that accept 1080p 25 hertz

had this running now on my alien2 all afternoon and no noticeable judder.

The problem i had was by setting the output to 1080p 25hertz the sd channels were crap so the autoresolution plugin fixes that

i know this doesnt help those with tvs that cant accept the above res but things hopefully are being sorted out

anyway extract the zip file and ftp autoresolution to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

then reboot box

goto menu/setup/system/av settings

in there change box settings to 1080p and refresh rate to 25hz click green ok

next goto autoresolution

click enable autoresolution to yes

then 1080i content to 1080p

the rest change to 1080i

show info on screen to yes (not needed but it shows you when res is changed)

deinterlacer mode to on (have tried all options)

then green btn to save

• this image is looking nice and stable. is there a way to change when i press ok button brings channel list i would like to change it so the bouquets come up it did on last image satstation yoda backup. but its no big deal think i will be with this image for a while now thanks to all the team.

• You won't need to worry about your Alien 2 now Poo417 now you have a proper box on its way to you :haha:

Well done on winning the bonus ball lottery.

Nano

• EH I won the box? Really I have not checked the numbers!

WOW thanks guys. I will still need to try and sort the box before handing to my mate. Will try the latest spark and the image scooter posted.

Cheers

John

I have seen some people stating that if you turn the screen refresh frequency down to 25Hz that it stops the juddering, how much truth there is in this i don't know.

This works on the NBOX on 1080p - I tried this after finding the info that i think pauldb posted on another forum re the alien receiver, and taking it that it might work for all SH4 receivers, TBH rather than going through all of the info, I found that just changing the refresh to 25hz was enough. Using Autoresolution seemed to create more issues, and it is now pretty much judder free, although 25hz is not ideal on all channels, I have gotten used to it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Yeah I have tried the changing to 25Hz sadly my old samsung does not like it and makes the picture jump up and down. It works on 24 and 30 but the stuttering comes back. Auto resolution did not make a huge difference as I was unable to run 25Hz.

Cheers

John

edit. Tried the newest Spark image. Picture better EPG is a joke no use what so ever. It basically does not work there is no epg. I am willing to say I have not switched something on. I have downloaded the crossepg files but when I press the epg button all i get is the tv list with 4 channels displaying info and the rest saying no info.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!