Viewing Card?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 428 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi All,
    I'm a newbie to all this card sharing thing and need some confidence boosting info.
    I have just bought a Blade 7000s and am researching what i need to set it up to recieve the channels freely, ok ive got the firmware (with a p in the title) i have a channel list, what i want to know is do i need a viewing card like the one s*y provides or some other sort of card? and also do i need my own DNS server???? i think ive been reading a little too much and things have begun to confuse me even more (and the box hasnt even arrived yet).#

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    also what does cccline stand for? all i seem to see is abbreviations used everywhere:confuse:

• Hi All,
    I'm a newbie to all this card sharing thing and need some confidence boosting info.
    I have just bought a Blade 7000s and am researching what i need to set it up to recieve the channels freely, ok ive got the firmware (with a p in the title) i have a channel list, what i want to know is do i need a viewing card like the one s*y provides or some other sort of card? and also do i need my own DNS server???? i think ive been reading a little too much and things have begun to confuse me even more (and the box hasnt even arrived yet).#

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    also what does cccline stand for? all i seem to see is abbreviations used everywhere:confuse:

cline i think you mean - this is a line that you put in a CCcam.cfg file - so called because it starts with 'c:' - this contains information to enable a client receiver to connect to a server, so when the client receiver needs the information to decrypt a channel, the server can fulfill the request so long as it hosts that card either virtually and physically. In a non enigma based receiver, this cline will possibly have to go on another file or be input directly on to the receiver using the remote.

If you have a BM7000s, the problem with this is it is just a Client, so you are not able to apply cardsharing in the proper manner. You would need to set up your own server, buy a card, and maybe share this with others to get all you need, or if you have a nice friend who already has done this, ask him nicely for a line. Do not pay for a line from a payserver, as you might find yourself getting ripped off and if you have seen the rules, you will see that you will not get help here. That also applies to 'free' clines you find off the net.

If you had an enigma based receiver, then you would be better off. If you do set up a server on a PC or other device, then you would then need to register with a DNS service (unless you have a static IP address), so those who you share with will always be able to connect even if your IP address changes.

Not really likely you can get a free lunch. For many it is a hobby and much is invested in it.

cardsharing-tutorials
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…nes-clines-beginners.html

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!