how to hide passowrd in dcc

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 770 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• hi guys , i need your help, i have dm500s, and i am using dcc,

in dcc i like to know how to hide password (i mean it should not in readable format, when i type password in it).

If i can't hide passowrd in dcc, then let me know which other proogram i can use, where i can hide my password, so that it should not visible.

Thanks for yyour replies

• I think a staff member will be along at some point to ask you to introduce yaself...anyway

Not entirely sure why you would need to hide your own passwords but you can use these programs below buddy.

Use wincsp instead of dcc for ftp transfers etc... and use putty if you require telnet commands...both hide passwords...NOTE!!! putty will NOT show any password while it is being entered! but that is ok as long as the correct password is entered.

• hi there,
    i appricate for your fast reply, .
    i alreay downloaded this
    1)-wincsp portable
    2)-and putty
    after install which options i have to use for ftp transfers etc.
    how to hide password by using above software while transfering file from pc to dm500s, please let me know.

if you know please let me know.

thanks for you fast repl.

• Personally i use both wincsp and putty instead of dcc but its your choice...putty is great for any linux commands...wincsp i use for ftp transfers/editing...select ftp protocol in wincsp for your dm500 tho and you can save the session also.

I,m not sure if there is a function in dcc to hide passwords and neither do i care as i dont use it sorry.

Good luck

• hi my friend, i run putty, after this, how to use to transfer frile from PC to DM500s.

if you let me know few steps, that will be great.

i never use like this softwares before. please let me know little more about this "how to use putty"

thanks

i need your help, i have dm500s, and i am using dcc,
    in dcc i like to know how to hide password (i mean it should not in readable format, when i type password in it).
    If i can't hide passowrd in dcc, then let me know which other proogram i can use, where i can hide my password, so that it should not visible.

tester2, you have already been asked to make an introduction..

Please Read the rules here
    Forum Rules

Then make an Introduction here as required by Rule <1> above
    Introductions

any more requests for support without an Introduction post will be ignored
    you were also already asked why would you want to do this, can you answer that question please (After you make your introduction)?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• hi mod, thanks for informing me, i did my introduce on this link, hope i did my introduce on right place
    http://linuxsat-support.com/in…am-newbee-great-site.html

thanks

the reason i want to hide password, because in my home every body use same pc, so when any body click on dcc then password is already visible there, that connect to dm500s & any body mesh up the things eassly.

So i like to use diffrent software, which is more secure like PUTTY.

but still i did not get in to DM500S by using PUTTY, so i like to know "how to use this PUTTY for DM500s file transfer or Password change etc"

thanks

• You could always just move the shortcut to DCC off the desktop unless you think that people in your house are going to go looking for it??
    If you are having problems connecting with PuTTY, try switching connection type to Telnet and port no to 23..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!