Nbox 5800sx backend XBMC Windows front end

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,007 times. The last Post () by shabbaranks.

• Hi All,

Ive read the instructions on how to set this up but when I get to the point of launching live tv it states no pvr tuners are ready. I have added the IP to the VU+/Enigma2 pvr client addon within XBMC, to FTP to the box I need a username and password but to stream from the box I dotnt - so does this mean I don't need the user/pass within the VU+/E2 pvr client? As the instructions don't say add them and I haven't.

Also do I need to add any firewall exceptions to the W7\XBMC client PC? As again this wasn't in the instructions found on this site.

http://linuxsat-support.com/en…enigma2-frontend-epg.html

Thanks for any help :)

• You don't need any firewall exceptions, niether do you need any username and password. Remember it takes a fair while to download all of the channels and this is limited, so you may want to create a special bouquet just for this purpose on your receiver and define this with the "fetch only one TV bouquet" option. If you only have one tuner activated you need to enable "zap before tuner switch".

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks for your info, its just strange that as soon as I configure the PVR backend section and then enable it XBMC states no PVR clients have been started yet - even though I have started it :(

Scratch that - its working!!! I had to enable the Live TV addon first and then configure the backend. Thanks this box just gets better and better :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!