Bricked box?

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,751 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hello

My box started acting out yesterday, so I had to re-flash it.

I had problems installing the correct TSpanel, so i forgot to take out the usb-stick from the front panel.

There was flash files for BH 205 on it, so it has flashed itself numerous times without me knowing.
    Wasn't it supposed to wait for a keypress?

After installing, the remote control no longer works. I have to use the webinterface to control it.

When done installing, it start to flash the shutdown meny by itself.

Also the led on the left side on the box is flashing unevenly, can't remember seeing that before?

Sometimes it wont start at all, just hangs on the Starting...

Other times it will go to setup menu after flashing again.

Is the box toast, or what? Why is it flashing without asking for confirmation?

• Please read the rules mate, taking note of rule number 1.

Nano

• You were only showing 1 post when i asked you to make an Intro, either way mate welcome to the forum and thanks for making an intro.

Firstly mate you need to let us know what box it is, i'm guessing its one of the Vu+ range since your using Blackhole.

You also need to state if the box is a genuine box or a clone.

Nano

• If your talking about a Duo then it does not require any user interaction in order to flash the image, so no pressing buttons, all models from the Uno up do require user reaction unless you have the bypass file on the stick although i cant quite remember the name of that file at present.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Ok, super. And thanks.

It is a VU+ Solo 2, just 5 months old, and bought from a norwegian retailer, completely original. No fakes in this house.

I tried several times after the post to fix it, but it seems to be really messed up. The remote control is not working, the only way to control the box is via webinterface. After a while it starts to toggle the shutdown menu for no reason. Startup times are long, at least 90 seconds, if it starts at all. Normally I have to cut the main power from the wall outlet to get it to go beyond the starting... and VU+ Solo2 messages.

I am really lost here. Tried contacting the retailer, he says he has never heard of such, and needs to take it in for testing. He also claims he has not had a single complaint about this model.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.

• What image are you using...latest bh?

Maybe try bh2.0.4/.running the box with original vu software is a good way to test how your receiver performs first tho especially the remote.

• Tried backupimage 204. No luck. Then tried latest original image. Same procedure her. It gets to the startup menus where you select the TV format (hdmi 720, 1024i etc)
    Remote control only responds a few times on the up and down arrows, but not the OK button. After some tries, it seems to freeze for some time, before it wakes up again.

Those are the same symptoms as the other images, so I think this is a hardware problem.

• Have you considered it may be the remote at fault here?

Have you replaced the batteries?

To check if the remote is transmitting get your camera phone and point the remote at it and press a button. You will see if its operating by looking at the phone screen as the infrared signal will appear as white light.

Nano

• Yes, and yes, it sends a signal :(

• Tried that as well, no luck. But thanks!

It definately sounds like a driver/bootloader issue to me but it looks like you have explored all avenues regarding installed software...its a pity you cant try a friends remote? i take it you have contacted your supplier...?

I also dont think this model is cloned so its not as if you have received a dodgy clone!!!

When it comes to vu they are defo solid boxes but i suppose a hardware issue is possible with the remote or even the receiver....

• Yes, I will ship it back to the retailer for checkup. Will post here whatever he thinks is the case.

Well. He said he fixed with something called BBS Tool. Flashed it four times, and he says its working as normal.

It had something to do with different enigma versions, he said. Strange. I am not wiser.

• Well. He said he fixed with something called BBS Tool. Flashed it four times, and he says its working as normal.

It had something to do with different enigma versions, he said. Strange. I am not wiser.

That makes no sense, BBS tools is used for flashing the bootloader in cases when it has been corrupted, it has nothing to do with enigma.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!