Moving away from DM800HD(clone)...

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,026 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi guys,

I've always been a dreambox owner (DM7000, DM500, DM800HD-Clone) and have recently had the unrecoverable error with a Sim2 in a DM800HD when trying to update the image and to be honest i'm gutted... Hence i'm looking into a new box.

My general use is:

HD - needed
    Optical out - needed
    PVR - ideally but not obligatory

Cams:
    OSCam + CCcam to use FreeSat cards for French channels

What would your advice be? Make the move away from DreamMM or get a DM500HD?

Cheers,
    Nt

• orginal Dreambox 800se

• Yep i agree with deerhunter..dreamboxes are over-rated and overpriced..they are lacking behind other e2 boxes so much so that dreambox are launching new models with better hardware components.

You can buy an original vu solo for about the same price as a dm800 clone and the solo has far better specs and support.

Just comes down to your budget which vu+ receiver you choose to buy.

MK

• Nt016

are you sure your box is bricked, if it's just the CA not found error message you getting the box is recoverable, myself and many others have achieved this with help from the forum.

if you have tried and weren't successful it took me many many attempts with different programs but I did it eventually.

hope this helps, good luck mate with what ever you choose.

regards: canthackit

• knock knock, excuse the bump guys, but has anyone had any experience with the Gigablue receivers ?? I'm looking to purchase a unit that has twin tuner capabilities, primarily to record one channel whilst watching another, oh, and very important, need to be able to rewind live tv. Already own a DM800HD and a DM8000HD SE but none of these can fulfill my needs.
    Thanx in advance :)

• To be honest i have been more than happy with my Gigablue boxes. OK they aren't the Quad box but never the less they have been fantastic boxes which i would not hesitate to recommend to anybody.

To be honest i would try and recover the DM800 so if anything you can sell it and at least get some money back on it. If you want to continue using DM products, clone or otherwise, get a receiver with the A8P sim in it. These boxes will accept original images without the need to modify them.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!