dm shut down

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,377 times. The last Post () by reddevil157.

• Hey guy's, have a problem when rebooting my dm800hd. When I reboot after ftp'ing bouquets, the box turns off making a noise like a "twang". Like it'snot shutting down right. The only way I can describe it is, I had a puter that didn't go through the process of logging off and shutting down, if I held down the on/off button it would just shut off, (mother board in the end). Do ye think it might be a similar prob with my box ?

• The DM800's dont actually power off when you shut them down. If you select shutdown, the software will shutdown then give you a message on screen saying it's ok to unplug.
    If you do a reboot, it goes through the same procedure, but once the software has closed down, it automatically powers off/on to restart again. This is when you hear the twang. Mine does it too.

When you reload channel lists from DreamBoxEdit, you dont need to reboot. Just select the 'Auto Reload Settings' button.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!