What spec of VPS to Use

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,107 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi guys, I have debian running on a local pc. Im running oscam from this to read my locals in my omnikeys. I have been running CSP and CCcam from the same machine now for about 18mths. i know I could dump the CCcam and just run the CSP but i havent totally got my head round setting up al the profiles etc so for my foregin i just run the CCcam.

Anyway, running the whole lot on my dell pc has been fine on the whole but as I am adding more connecotrs and the load on my csp gets heavier I am starting to notice more freezing, not bad but i am getting spikes and am thinking that maybe I need to move to a vps. More bandwith etc.

Am I correct in this, what spec of vps would yu guys use and which hosts would be recommended.

Thanks, TTB

• Why would you need a vps if you have been running it for 18 months without any problems ?
    I once saw a csp server with many profiles and many many users been run from 3mb broadband so unless you have hundreds of users then there is no need for a vps.
    A vps capable of doing what your doing from home will cost you an extra 20 euro per month, do you really need it for that extra cost ?

• Why would you need a vps if you have been running it for 18 months without any problems ?
    I once saw a csp server with many profiles and many many users been run from 3mb broadband so unless you have hundreds of users then there is no need for a vps.
    A vps capable of doing what your doing from home will cost you an extra 20 euro per month, do you really need it for that extra cost ?

Hello. is there any options in the CSP that limits the numer of users that connect to the CSP server ? I increased the FD, the JAVA HEAP. But its impossible for me to connect more than 230 clients at the same time. Is there any solution ? thnx.

• its impossible for me to connect more than 230 clients at the same time. Is there any solution ? thnx.

There are No solutions on this forum for any greedy bastard like you ! . :troll:

• Ha ha the old 200+ client problem again...
    Very common amongst satellite hobbyists :laugh:

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!