Help S6000HD OpenBox doesn`t turn on

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,496 times. The last Post () by balanga.

• Hi All,

I recently purchased a S6000HD OpenBox, I wanted to update the image, but the USB stick I was using wasn't inserted properly and now my box doesn't turn on. It has no signal on the TV, its just a blank screen, and the light at the front is just blue. I don't know if I have ruined the box or what but any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

• try reflashing the box image again?

I tried that and it did not work, i have taken it back to the shop and they said they'll get it fixed, I'll be going back tomorrow or monday to get it

the box was unbalanced, it dropped a bit and the usb was half way out but I didnt realise as when I left the box to flash I was outside

• These receivers are very poorly made - the USB ports are not lined up properly with the casing - don't force in the USB and ensure that the USB drive is lined up properly with the port.

http://linuxsat-support.com/op…mage-openbox-s6000hd.html

have a look at the above on how to flash these receivers.

I had a look and it did help but only a little.... First time I switched box off and removed usb stick after the light turned red. When switching back on 'no signal' was displayed on the screen. After reading the guide above I switched the box off after the blue light started flashing. Now the 'no signal' disappears but the screen goes blank.

I tried flashing images for Blackhole, OpenVix and OpenPli, all with the same result.

Not sure what else to try. What I find very confusing is the number of images available... Maybe I need a Solo2 rather than Solo....

• When you press menu on your remote do you get anything?
    You should have got a first boot up set up wizard if you installed the image correctly and after wizard is finished the box will go to a default channel and in most cases the default channel list is outdated or pointing to the wrong satellite in such cases with remote press menu>setup>service searching>tuner config then select advance select your satellite click on lnb if it is not on, then do a scan or install bouquet of your choice.

• Nothing at all came on...

However I have since managed to get up and running with an old experimental version of Blackhole from April 2011.

Maybe newer versions of Blackhole won't work with Vu+ clones...

• from what i can gather from friends some newer black hole versions do work although not the very latest i believe but i have one i tried with vix older images and vti 5.0 works very well and the best i tried was a open pli image one of the latest it was rock solid so remeber these are clone boxes so use clone friendly images or images others have tested but for the cost of them i found them very funtional

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!