using Raspberry Pi with official Al Jazeera online season pass

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,511 times. The last Post () by shakin1234.

• hi all,

was looking for an excuse to purchase a Raspberry Pi. has anybody streamed Al Jazeera season pass via the Raspberry Pi to their TV?

eg is this capable of running the website, and is it just as good quality as from a HTPC or mac mini hooked up to a TV

cheers

• Ive not tried raspberry pi but it works well with HTPC i personally use an i5 pc as dedicated media pc directly connected to the tv via hdmi

• Ive not tried raspberry pi but it works well with HTPC i personally use an i5 pc as dedicated media pc directly connected to the tv via hdmi

thanks andy ray, i am using a mac mini connected to tv which works spot on. just wondered about the raspberry pi for my dad. would save him ringing me every week for instructions on how to connect his laptop up to his TV lol

• I think the only issue with the pi is the limited amount of ram 512mb i believe if you do get one what you planning load onto it eg Linux android etc

thanks andy ray, i am using a mac mini connected to tv which works spot on. just wondered about the raspberry pi for my dad. would save him ringing me every week for instructions on how to connect his laptop up to his TV lol

• The raspberry pi can't run Flash content - never seen the site you want to use but bear that in mind. The RPI can handle HD streams but depends on the format and you might have to purchase the licences for the codecs. I know one thing - it can't handle live HD streams from enigma2.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Perhaps you better of going for a android tv box if the pi is not up to the task

• Thanks guys.

I won't take the risk then, as was going to buy a pi on way home today, think will have to have a re-think

Maybe try and look at that android tv you mention Andy ray, but hopefully someone who has one can try it, don't fancy just wasting money

Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!