maxdigital firmware info required

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 936 times. The last Post () by nano.

• The sponsor offers a choice of firmware when you buy the XP1000 is it best to have the official firmware and load others later (assuming that you can make a backup of official firmware as a fallback) They offer Vix team, OpenAAf and OpenPLi. I have no idea what the difference is between these so would probably want to have a look at all of them. Is it just a case of uploading them to the box as and when ? I don't have the box yet because sponsor is on hols :( so not ordering until the 18th August, so want to check first.

thanks

No matter
    I think I understand now :)

We all have to start somewhere

• Cheers master G

I was asking because I thought that the word "firmware" was something different than the image, I was thinking that the image sat on top of the firmware as a front end. I was going to get the box with the official so that I can back it up then play with other images.

We all have to start somewhere

• There are quite a few images available for that box. I owned one briefly just to test and it is a very capable box.

There are other images available for it other than VIX, which even though it is an excellent image, its not to everyone's taste.

There are images available for this box from the following teams.

Powerboard, HDFreaks, OpenSIF, OpenVix and OpenAAF. My personal favorite was the HDFreaks image, with the Powerboard image coming a close second.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!