initial setup of new satellites

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 831 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi

Having trouble setting up my dishes.
    I've just setup a 1m motorised dish and put it into tuner A.
    And my existing sly dish into Tuner C, for some reason it doesn't show signal in Tuner B.

I go into sat finder in settings and have signal on Tuner C (28.2) but nothing for tuner A now (0.8) even though it had some earlier?

can anyone help me with my first setup. been playing around but seem to be getting nowhere.

Any tuts anywhere?
    cheers

• Hi

Having trouble setting up my dishes.
    I've just setup a 1m motorised dish and put it into tuner A.
    And my existing sly dish into Tuner C, for some reason it doesn't show signal in Tuner B.

You won't see a signal on tuner B buddy if there is no feed running to it, if it's is not in use set it as "not configured"

Setting up a motor and static dish the first time takes a lot of tweaking and patience, double check all your connections etc and then follow the tuts masterG has posted for you step by step.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yeah I setup the dish per markings and used an app on my phone to point it in the right direction, been moving the dish east and west (via receiver) but cant find thor. or get the signal to increase at all?! try again during the day, is it worth just moving the lnb to get a closer idea?

• What I did was to use just a foot long piece of coax cable and have the motor next to my box set up my positioner as per dishpointer and drove the motor to 28.2e in my house making sure the protractor under th stub looked like it was at 28e then set my angle on the bracket as per the table given with the motor instructions ,and set the dish elevation on the dish as per dishpointer evevation, made sure my bracket was 100% plumb with a spirit level and when mounting the dish to the motor made sure the split line in the casting of the motor stub was in the middle of the dish bracket using the v of the dish bracket to gauge it then nipped the dish to the stub tight mounted the motor and dish to the bracket not too tight and moved the dish left and right to get 28e with the body of the motor in my hands so as not to force thru the gears till i got 28e best i could , ps i used enigma signal meter for android as very accurate and fast response to adjustments made ,once nipped up i drove to 4.8e as its a weak satellite and further finely adjusted the dish left and right and slightly on dish elevation to get the best signal nipped it up and every thing worked after that , it only requires very small adjustments dont be too ham fist with it

Steve

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!