Hep Please Setting up with Vu+ Duo 2

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,952 times. The last Post () by conman.

• Hi all,
    I'm getting no where ....!!

I've downloaded successfully to my new Duo 2 (BH Image 2.0.5 Rev B) ...
    I can see the required config files in my DCC program ...

But I can't get channels to clear ... (though I can using CCCAM easily enough)

What I think I'm having bother with is the mg.cfg and newcamd.list set ups

Question :
    1. Do I rename the newcamd.list.example to newcamd.list and what attributes should it be (currently 755)
    2. Do I need to enter N: into my line or delete in favour of CWS=
    3. What settings do I need to alter in mg.cfg (think this is were I get really confused)

Sorry if I'm not clear but despite reading many similar threads here I'm no further on ...

Cheers,

Nitemare.

• Official Post

Use the attached mg_cfg and newcamd.list.. FTP to /usr/keys/..

Say your N line is like so;

Code
    [COLOR='#FF0000']N:[/COLOR] some.dyndns.org 10001 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Change to;

Code
    [COLOR='#FF0000']CWS =[/COLOR] some.dyndns.org 10001 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
  • Question :
    1. Do I rename the newcamd.list.example to newcamd.list and what attributes should it be (currently 755)
    2. Do I need to enter N: into my line or delete in favour of CWS=
    3. What settings do I need to alter in mg.cfg (think this is were I get really confused)

Question 1. Does no harm renaming it.
    Question 2. No, don't use the N:, CWS= (your line here without the N:)
    Question 3. You really only need to alter the mg.cfg file if you are using n-lines and c-lines together. If so change G: to {33} in the mg.cfg file after you've added your c-line or c-lines to cccamd.list

Just to add, I had problems using Mgcamd 1.38 with my VU+ Uno with having blank screens and no sound intermittently while changing channels and would not come on screen until I reinitialized the cam by hitting the blue button and then ok. I've since changed to Mgcamd 1.38c which is supposed to be optimized for VU+ receivers and so far so good. Been running smooth for a few hours now with no problems and just for the record I'm using 1 n-line and 2 c-lines.

Good luck bro:)

If you are confused then you probably know what's going on!

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!