CCcam + TVheadend + XBMCbuntu

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,009 times. The last Post () by cappilio.

• Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me to configure my system.

First the specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T
    ASRock 890GX Extreme3
    8GB RAM
    EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB
    Digital Devices Cine C/T V6

I'm running the latest XBMCbuntu. To connect with a cardserver I use CCcam. That works fine. In the webinterface I see that I'm connected. The server also says am in. The next step is to configure TVheadend to work with CCcam and XBMC. The second one works fine. I have a channellist and EPG in XBMC and not scrambled services are shown.

And now the question. I have to configure TVheadend to work with CCcam. That's the part which is not working. Before this I tried to configure Oscam. This didn't work with ther server. But in the configuration of Oscam I had to provide a username-password for tvheadend to login. This I could not find in CCcam.

How do I get CCcam to communicate with TVheadend?

• Hi I am also looking into doing the same thing. I have been having a look online at the Live TV functionality of XBMC V12 Frodo. I would quite like to have the ability to use my HTPC as a PVR using a Tuner installed in the PC with the ability to use a CLine/CCCAM.

All i would need to buy is the tuner.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone advise the best backend server and tuner to get? I know alot of people use an E2 box and access through that but id rather just go buy a tuner like this

for speed it would just be better i tihink.

• I've got everthing running and I use OSCAM instead of CCcam. Works fine with me :-)

Excellent, was it straight forward? what's the speed like with your setup how quick is zapping etc? do you have any documentation you can share that you used? working with your line a treat?, can i ask what tuner you used?

• I use the hardware as described above. Zapping is very quick, faster than my setup-box provided by my provider. Sometimes, really sometimes, the first seconds no sound. But that's really not an issue. As I stated before I use OSCAM for decoding. Because I have a dual tuner I have 2 running instances of Tvheadend running in different ports so I can watch TV and record something else at the same time. The first instance only gets rights to use the first tuner and the second only the second, so they cannot intervene with each other.
    The first instance is configured in XBMC, the second one not. I use the second tvheadend webinterface to schedule recordings. As the second instance is not starting automatically I created a script which starts it as a cron job using the right parameters.

• As I just said, I use the hardware stated above ;-)
    Digital Devices Cine C/T V6

Digital Devices is one of the few who has a dual tuner, not the cheapest, but German quality and service, so very good.
    They have different types of cards for Sat or Cable and add-ons.

• wow that is expensive sorry was lazy didn't read through all your hardware specs. im pretty sure the tuner i posted is supported. and you can get a quad lnb version. going to give this ago onc eiv got the rig together thanks for all your help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!