Spark EPG picture freeze

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 548 times. The last Post () by Donkeyface.

• I'm using an Alien2 with the latest Spark v1.2.68 and having picture freeze every time i exit the EPG.
    It happens every time i exit the EPG and sometimes when EPG is opened.
    Channel up/down is ok and this rectifies the issue when picture is frozen.

I have been told that Spark tries to reconnect to the provider after a EPG exit and the issue could lie with the provider!
    Also tried disconnecting my HDD as this can cause this but does not resolve it!

Anyone got any ideas before re-flash the image!

Cheers

• Seen this with spark although not exactly as you describe - in my case randomly with a USB stick as well as exiting EPG - I'm not a great spark fan preferring enigm2 but since the boxes can run it thought I'd give it a try....

Until spark can provide a decent epg (i.e. one that allows you to track seamlessly from day to day, unlike the current situation) and the equivalent of the enigma2 autotimer plugin I won't be back!

The provider issue came up when spark has problems with corrupt weather data I seem to recall?

• I like spark but as you say, the epg is poor.
    I also like enigma for its functionality but the stability of spark evens it out for me.
    Not got to the bottom the issue, i need to change connection time to see if this resolves it.

Cheers

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!