Solo2 mgcamd set up support

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,908 times. The last Post () by r66bby.

• Hey guys, having a nightmare adding my Mgcamd onto my solo2.
    Been searching and trying things for days.

This is where i am now.

Iv flashed Black Hole 2.0.4 UK Ready VU+Solo2 Backup By Ten Below

Im using a mac, so iv gone onto the vusolo2/configuration/keys and added a mg_cfg file and my newcamd.list file

I then restarted the box, and its still not working.

Being on a mac im struggling with everything as all the post seem to be windows based.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Hi Bud,

I take it you have installed MGCAMD softcam on the solo?

Once installed mg_cfg and newcamd.list should go in usr/keys

the newcamd.list (line) is in correct format? i.e - CWS = ip.address. portno username password 01 02 03 04 e.t.c?

the mg_cfg file is configured properly mainly changing the box type property to 06

Once above is checked and correct

Have you tried activating the CAM (mgcamd) from box - go into softcams > mgcamd should be there > press Yellow button to activate/restart

if all above is done you should connect and show channel

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• [quote='mrgmx','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=133827#post133827']
    I take it you have installed MGCAMD softcam on the solo?

If it wasnt already on the backup i havent.
    Where would i get this file, and how do i install it?

thanks for the help so far mate.

• Struggling to install MGcamd.

Iv downloaded the file. And pasted it into the tmp folder

Press yellow then green to install ipk

Install file

During install

Says to reboot

Nothing in the cam area

• Official Post

For your image use cams only from post 86 onwards in the thread mrgmx linked you to, the second reason it wont install is because the file has been downloaded twice & hence the second file which you are using is renamed contains (1) which is not valid in ipk extension filename.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!