Set Top Boxes ?

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,608 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• For clients? Argh!

Surely fellow hobbyists!!!

How longs a piece of string springs to mind!

Depends on Budget, Requirements from box (EPG, 2 Tuners e.t.c) and technical ability of user!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• They wouldn't be fellow hobbyists. Looking for boxes that they can't fiddle with if you know what I mean.

Well in that case Lets not pussyfoot around shal we ?. your trying to setup a pay server and supply your customers with boxes that you have full control over ??.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Hi folks

Which set top boxes do you recommend for clients ?

Thanks in advance.........D.

They wouldn't be fellow hobbyists. Looking for boxes that they can't fiddle with if you know what I mean.

Have another read over the rules before you get yourself banned..
    Pay close attention to Rule's <11> & <12>
    http://linuxsat-support.com/fo…ease-read-rules-here.html

This is a satellite CS info & hobby forum and we are staunchly against payservers.
    If "as your posts suggest" you are planning on setting up a server to make money off this hobby, you will get no support here and to be honest, you are not welcome!
    If we have taken you up wrong then please put us straight..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Try the VIP section on the forum with the same name as your own, plenty scumbag pay servers in there to help you !

• Guys you have taken me completely and utterly wrong. Not I mean Not interested in setting this up to make money. To be honest i’m more interested in learning about linux, getting more comfortable on the cli and yes it is a hobby which I enjoy. Apologies if it sounded wrong and to be honest after reading my post back myself I can see why you guys are up set. Not interested in pay servers period because they are screwing up an interesting hobby. The fiddle bit I mean a box that the kids won't be pushing buttons etc.

• Guys you have taken me completely and utterly wrong. Not I mean Not interested in setting this up to make money. To be honest i’m more interested in learning about linux, getting more comfortable on the cli and yes it is a hobby which I enjoy. Apologies if it sounded wrong and to be honest after reading my post back myself I can see why you guys are up set. Not interested in pay servers period because they are screwing up an interesting hobby. The fiddle bit I mean a box that the kids won't be pushing buttons etc.

Looks like you have dug yourself into a hole that you now cannot climb out of...why say clients that cant fiddle with boxes when you really meant parental control?

I kinda get what you mean but that is auto/bouquets only in my book so family and friends dont have the hassle of contacting you for simple things..Unfortunately for you the way you have came across is someone who wants to sort a dirty payserver up..

Also what is interesting is why your username is that of a well known website?

If you were to ask such questions on there i dought you would last the night.

MK

• My choice of user name was unfortunate as I hadn't come accross the site of the same name before, it's a all relatively new to me Mee®kat and my technical terminology or more to the point lack of it yet again was unfortunate. I don't have time for a payserver I just had an old pentium in the attic and instead of throwing it in the skip i'd rather play with it to get from one room to another.

My choice of user name was unfortunate as I hadn't come accross the site of the same name before, it's a all relitively new to me Mee®kat and my terminology yet again was unfortunate. I don't have time for a payserver I just had an old pentium in the attic and instead of throwing it in the skip i'd rather play with it to get from one room to another.

OK m8, lets start from scratch..
    What sub do you intend to purchase & share?
    Picking a quality yet cost efficient sub can be the best way to build shares..
    What is your budget and what are you interested in and what are your goals?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• OK m8, lets start from scratch..
    What sub do you intend to purchase & share?
    Picking a quality yet cost efficient sub can be the best way to build shares..
    What is your budget and what are you interested in and what are your goals?

Before I dig another termonology hole for myself thatfellow whats a sub? To be honest i'm interested in learning more about Linux. It's like the apple bug once it's got you, you'll always be hooked. Although now with Steve Job's gone "R.I.P Steve" not sure what direction there going.

Ok did a search for it sorry, i'm looking to do a multi-room sub in the house just in one room so researching a decent reciever at the moment.

It's like the apple bug once it's got you, you'll always be hooked. Although now with Steve Job's gone "R.I.P Steve" not sure what direction there going.

The apple "Bug" is a good description.... Never liked the control they had over all their products & software.. You pay that price for a bit of hardware, you should OWN it!!!
    Anyway, I wont get started on that!!

Before I dig another termonology hole for myself thatfellow whats a sub? To be honest i'm interested in learning more about Linux.

Yep, Linux is the Dogs ******.

A sub is a subscription to a satellite package.. e.g. Sly UK, Sly IT or JSC Sports.. (I am not suggesting any of these sub's, just giving an example)
    The norm would be for you to take out a subscription to a satellite package, then share your card to get lines to other cards..

• Can anybody help clear up the terminology for a newbie? I was sold a ***box f5 in the pub once and paid a sub for 6 months. Never saw the guy again and the box went up in smoke (almost literaly!)
    I came here looking for help on the best new box to plug in the USB and upload my code to get *** channels. Can anybody let me know if I'm also scum for this?

• I wish people would come here 1st for research before being duped!

Unfortunately buddy you have been subjected to the cretins that HAVE or are in the PROCESS of ruining this hobby!

What you have done is supported a PAYSERVER by buying a cheap receiver with GIFT when you could of done it all yourself!

Anyone supporting a Payserver is likely to be ignored im afraid, as we would simply say get in contact with the PS for any support!

New Box wise......its all about what you require from your receiver and the budget you have to spend! Keep with Enigma2 and Vu Range if you can as Solid Boxes and well supported! (If not using a PS)

What you do with the box after that.......i can only hope you choose the right path!

Have a look at these posts below for general info on CS, Do's n Don'ts!

House Rules
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…b-newbie-dummy-guide.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/op…lp-please.html#post124545
    http://linuxsat-support.com/op…/32642-f5.html#post123050

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Can anybody help clear up the terminology for a newbie? I was sold a ***box f5 in the pub once and paid a sub for 6 months. Never saw the guy again and the box went up in smoke (almost literaly!)
    I came here looking for help on the best new box to plug in the USB and upload my code to get *** channels. Can anybody let me know if I'm also scum for this?

I would not say your scum but it is becuase of people like you who support pay servers, knowingly or otherwise who ruined the cable TV scene and have now made long inroads to doing the same with B***B. If we dont put some money back into the coffers of B***B instead of expecting every thing for free we will loose it. Just look at ITV digital for that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!