adding iptv list

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,832 times. The last Post () by harley22.

• alright guys, ive tried to look for info on how to add iptv list to my solo but can only find a german video so can anyone help me?? im using vix image, have tsmedia as I seen in some post that you need to down load it and ive got promo's latest list...so how do send it to my box because obviously its in notepad format so I cant send via DBE....any help would be great

thanks
    Gerry

• Official Post

alright guys, ive tried to look for info on how to add iptv list to my solo but can only find a german video so can anyone help me?? im using vix image, have tsmedia as I seen in some post that you need to down load it and ive got promo's latest list...so how do send it to my box because obviously its in notepad format so I cant send via DBE....any help would be great
    thanks
    Gerry

Take at look at this guide here buddy --> HOW TO: Add your stream to bouquets by TSmedia ..

• This looks interesting is the like Xbmc as I've not been able to get that to work, as anyone got any good streams feeds etc.

• Hi,

You don't need any 3rd party tool to add iptv to your userbouquet.

In the folder: /etc/enigma2 create a new file: userbouquet.iptv.tv
    and insert the following:

Code
    #NAME IPTV
    #SERVICE 1:64:9E:0:0:0:0:0:0:0::IPTV
    #DESCRIPTION IPTV
    #SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//stream2.france24.yacast.net/france24_live/fr/f24_livefr:France 24
    #DESCRIPTION France 24

Add as many entries as you want starting with: #SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:your_stream_url:Your Channel Name
    but in the URL replace all the occurence of : by %3a and at the end you still see : followed by the channel name.
    Depending on the image sometime you need to add the channel name at the end of the URL or in the #DESCRIPTION so I add it in both place.

Edit the file: /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv

and add the line:

Code
    #SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.iptv.tv" ORDER BY bouque

In telnet:

Code
    init 4
    init 3

Check you channel list you will have a new entry IPTV containing the french speaking TV channel France24.

Pr2

• ideally you should issue the init 4 command first, BEFORE sending the files to /etc/enigma2 then issue the init 3 command once you have completed your task.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• i tried this is what i done i did as shown above i created a new file =usersbouquet.iptv.tv in ect /enigma 2/then i copied the line and pasted it in the new folder uploaded it to the box then i went back into root ect/bouquets tv then i added the second line as instructed above . then i started telnet entered in the bottom line init 4 then execute then inet 3 then execute ok then box powered off went to my iptv section =favorites and everything was gone all iptv from the updater ect i am using idreamx on a mac so would any of you great people please point me in the right direction i am using a vuduo2 and the latest vix image .thanks in advance

• as i said try killing enigma first before making changes, bouquet lists like EPG are held in live memory so editing them while the box box ix live can result in problems.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Hi,

Please read carefully what I wrote and follow it (bue indeed you can do the init 4 before then follow the process and end with init 3).
    I read the beginning of what you wrote and I already point out a mistake: usersbouquet.iptv.tv (while I have written; userbouquet.iptv.tv).
    So indeed if you do such mistakes this will never work.

Here is the file but editing properly the /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv properly will remains yours.

Unpack the file and transfer it to /etc/enigma2/

(to unpack on linux: tar -xvzf ./userbouqet.iptv.tv.tgz)

I am not 100% sure that all the iptv definition are still active today, it was just a sample file that I create a few months ago.

Be also carefull that this inclusion of iptv into the channel list is working on OpenPli image and its derivated, I don't know if this work for all images.

Pr2

• pr2 thank you i have successfully got the france 24 iptv working im delighted its my first telnet success ever so well done to you and i did init 4 first as phoenix suggested. now if i want to add more streams do i have to add the 4097o.o.o.o.file for each stream or can i add more than one to the first input userbouquet.iptv.tv #SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.iptv.tv" ORDER BY bouque thanks for your help and patience im old and dont be as fast on the pick up as a young man would be thanks Pr2

• Hi,

You are welcome, no problem indeed when I ask to type command line or edit file, you need to respect every characters in order to have it working properly.
    And yes to add your own iptv streams your "just need" to add more line into the file: userbouquet.iptv.tv (but first init 4 edit the file then init 3).

Pr2

• Sorry I am lost. I also have a Xtrend ET8000 and cannot find anywhere the folder where all the existing channels and XBMC bouquets are stored.

Where do they store? In the "enigma2" folder I do not have anything except "python" and inside that "Components" "Plugins" "Screens" and "Tools" along wiht other .py files inside the folder.

I used to be able to get into this folder but can't now. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!