Softcam / Channel Files - Manual Installation

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,158 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi,

I wonder if you can please help me.

What are the step by step procedures to manually install / update softcam / channel files (CCAM / OSCAM) onto a Vu Ultimo receiver running Black Hole 2.02 Rev E, as well as the respective file-path directory locations and attributes, using an FTP program?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• Official Post

Use the attached file.. FTP to /tmp/ > Green > Yellow Button > Manually Install IPK Packages..

To update oscam download the latest version from here --> Latest Oscam..

You need the mips-tuxbox-oe2.0 for all Dreambox HD & VU+ version..

FTP to /usr/bin/ > Rename the old oscam binary to oscam1 > FTP the downloaded version to the same folder (make sure this version is named oscam or the script will not be able to start it) > Change permissions / attributes to 755..

To update CCcam channelinfo & Providers download from here --> http://linuxsat-support.com/cc…o-cccam-providers-25.html then FTP to /etc/..

• Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply to this newbie.

The Vu Ultimo receiver is running CCAM2.30 installed from TS-Panel 7.x pluggin and does this need to be disabled in order to run OSCAM. Am I correct that you can stop the CCAM2.30 from TS-Panel Softcam section?

Using the lastest OSCAM (oscam-svn8881-mips-tuxbox-oe2.0-webif-Light.tar.gz), a FTP file search on the receiver does not show the filename 'OSCAM' but does show the same name with various different file extensions stored in the /etc/tubox/config and 'OSCAM_Version' shown in /etc path. Therefore I assume that we can simply FTP the extracted file called 'OSCAM' to the usr/bin path.

The downloaded file CCcam.channelinfo-July13.rar does not contain the 'Ccam.providers' file and where can I obtain the latest version? However, the Vu receiver's via FTP does show an existing old Ccam.providers' file which is dated 16 Apr 2013. However, there is an old 'Ccamchannelinfo' file already present on the receiver which is also dated 16 Apr 2013 and will be replaced with the new one.

Once all the above steps have been successfull, what next???

With kind regards.

• Official Post

The Vu Ultimo receiver is running CCAM2.30 installed from TS-Panel 7.x pluggin and does this need to be disabled in order to run OSCAM. Am I correct that you can stop the CCAM2.30 from TS-Panel Softcam section?

To clarify, which softcam do you want to use, oscam alone or oscam+CCcam ?

If you want to use oscam alone install the attached file, then upgrade the binary how i showed you above..

The control of softcams is done in the softcam manager via Blue button, scroll left or right then press OK to select..

Using the lastest OSCAM (oscam-svn8881-mips-tuxbox-oe2.0-webif-Light.tar.gz), a FTP file search on the receiver does not show the filename 'OSCAM' but does show the same name with various different file extensions stored in the /etc/tubox/config and 'OSCAM_Version' shown in /etc path. Therefore I assume that we can simply FTP the extracted file called 'OSCAM' to the usr/bin path.

Without knowing what you have previously installed i can`t assume only FTPing the file oscam will work, the necessary scripts will need to be installed for it to run..

The downloaded file CCcam.channelinfo-July13.rar does not contain the 'Ccam.providers' file and where can I obtain the latest version? However, the Vu receiver's via FTP does show an existing old Ccam.providers' file which is dated 16 Apr 2013. However, there is an old 'Ccamchannelinfo' file already present on the receiver which is also dated 16 Apr 2013 and will be replaced with the new one.

CCcam providers file can be found from the same link i posted above..

• Hi MasterG,

Thank you for your reply. I haven't decided whether to use OSCAM or OSCAM-CCAM. Can you please kindly highlight the pro's and con's between the 2 scenarios or CCAM only?

With kind regards.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!