dns problem with dyn.dns

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 601 times. The last Post () by pr2.

• anyone having the same problem as me, just sent 2 members clines using this dns, neither work, substitute the dns for the direct ip and its running, I note the dyndns are asking members to go premium, ok if your a payserver, but not for the cs hobbyist. any one please recomend a free reliable dns please
    all help appreciated
    thanx
    junger

• is your current dns up to date?? as a free member you now have to log in at least once every 30 days to keep the service active. I went vip with dyndns over a year ago now and it was the best thing I did for less than $20 a year.... I would think that amount is not beyond the hobbyist.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi,

Dyn.dns premium is over expensive! Check for OVH.com for exemple, register for your own domain name and you can have severals free "dynDNS" sub-domains.
    This will cost you less than subscribing to DynDNS premium and moreover you will get your own domain name.

Simply install the: "inadyn-mt" package on your STB.

edit: /etc/inadyn.conf

Code
    --username YourDomainFQDN-YourUser
    --password YourPassword
    --alias YourDomainFQDN
    --dyndns_server_name www.ovh.com
    --dyndns_server_url /nic/update?
    --log_file /tmp/inadyn.log
    --verbose 5
    --background

Pr2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!