How to backup satellites, channels list and Tuner Configuration then restore to new image

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,420 times. The last Post () by master G.

• When I change images I keeps doing complete scans on multi sat's and you will all know it takes a very long time.
    Im use dcc to log into box at moment.
    Can anyone tell me which files I need to save and were from please.
    What I want to do is save my sat's, Tp and channels list from one image using dcc to my pc then flash new image, then transfer everything from pc back to new image without doing full scans again
    Thanks for all your help guys

• Official Post

Check out the channel lists from this section Enigma2 Settings and Satellites.xml, they are much more convienent than having to rescan all the channels and have ready made catergories for movies, sport, pron etc.
    You will need to use either dreamset or dreamboxedit to upload these lists from Enigma2 Settings Editor.
    Use these same tools to backup your own lists.

o save your Tuner Configuration FTP to /etc/enigma2/ and backup the file named settings.

Open the file settings with notepad++ and look for the lines that start with config.Nims, these are your tuner configurations.

Flash new image > stop enigma2 in telnet init 4 > Overwrite the existing settings file or add the lines that start with config.Nims to the existing settings file > restart enigma2 in telnet init 3.

The old tuner configuration should now be restored.

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “How to backup sat's & channels list” to “How to backup satellites, channels list and Tuner Configuration then restore to new image”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!