Two cards in the same server. Need to set one card to ignore ecm requests.

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 418 times. The last Post () by pr2.

• All purely hypothetical of course.....
    I was wondering how it would be possible to stop a second card attempting to handle an entitlement it didn't have.

An example would be:
    Two cards, one with everything but a certain sport channel, one with some other stuff, and the sport channel in question. It would be easy enough to get both cards to read, but the second one would be handling requests it couldn't clear?
    How would the second card be restricted, without using oscam.services ?

• It appears to check the card, then hand the ecm to the other reader.
    I was wondering if there was any way of stopping it?
    The channels clear, it just fills the log with "channel not subscribed" errors.

• In OScam the oscam.services will allow you to define the SIDs that are valid or not for each card and set them accordingly on the reader.
    If you have 2 cards I guess that you will enable load balancing, with this on it will learn itself the valid SIDs for each card, but you will have to define a save path that remains permanant otherwhise it will re-start its learning process each time you reboot your server.
    With the loadbalancing you can have different load balancing strategy and you can also play with the weight of each reader.
    If your card is a Viaccess card, you can also play with the classes, defining the class(es) on each reader will help OScam to choose the right card.
    But the most efficient way is to use the oscam.services but this requires that you maintain it up-to-date.

Pr2

• Loadbalancer is far from a perfect solution.. If you setup oscam.services correctly, I would disable loadbalancer or at the very least add services on each card to the loadbalancer whitelist.
    I found that channels on my local got blocked regularly by loadbalancer before I set up services.. I have read that this was a glitch causet bu peers with fast reopen set but even after compiling oscam with patch, problem persisted and I had to clear LB stats, Timeouts & not Founds daily..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!