HDMI Video problems

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 929 times. The last Post () by cityslicker.

• Hi Guys,

I've been using my VU+ duo for several months now on an old CRT TV connected via SCART cable. After finally getting it configured correctly I've decided to move it up to my main TV with HDMI input.

But for some reason I do not get a picture via HDMI. I've set the video output to HDMI in AV settings but still nothing. When I plug the SCART cable back in I do get a picture however it has a green colour over it (as if the cable wasn't plugged in correctly).

I know I'm doing something stupid but open to any suggestions you may have.

I am using the VIX image.

Thanks.

• Yeah, I've saved the settings on the Box and have gone back to check aftwards. I've tried multiple hdmi ports on the TV without success. I've taken the HDMI out of my PS3 which works fine and plugged into the VU+ box, but again no picture. Only picture I seem to get is via SCART, and like I say that has a green colour to it.

When I plug the box back into the old TV it works perfectly. Could be a duff HDMI port on the box I guess?

It was working when I first got it on the HDMI port around 2 months ago.

• But then why is if you change the settings can you get a clear picture on scart with the new tv seems strange you have both issues if the ps3 is fine on the new tv then you must have a duff port , try connect by component if have cables youll need one for the audio also but even just with the 3 will tell you if its the box or the hdmi port

• I don't have any component cables, but will try and get some and give it a go.

It's just really strange, on the old CRT TV the picture is great via SCART. On the new Flat screen I get nothing with HDMI and via SCART I get a picture but with a green colour. I have tried different cables, I think the only other test I can do is try a different TV, but I know my *** box and PS3 work fine on that TV.

When it boots on the new TV via SCART I get the proper loading screen from VIX in full colour, then as it loads, It flicks to the green picture and then finishes loading. It's like it loads something that affects the image, but again absolutley nothing via HDMI.

• I don't have any component cables, but will try and get some and give it a go.

It's just really strange, on the old CRT TV the picture is great via SCART. On the new Flat screen I get nothing with HDMI and via SCART I get a picture but with a green colour. I have tried different cables, I think the only other test I can do is try a different TV, but I know my *** box and PS3 work fine on that TV.

When it boots on the new TV via SCART I get the proper loading screen from VIX in full colour, then as it loads, It flicks to the green picture and then finishes loading. It's like it loads something that affects the image, but again absolutley nothing via HDMI.

With HDMI, the receiver has to with the TV handshake for HDMI to work. I sometimes have to switch my TV off/on to make it handshake with my DUO, when I move from scart to HDMI through the amp.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!