ViX - "Recordings are in progress" warning when rebooting VU+

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,029 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Any time I reboot my solo2 running latest ViX, I get:
    "Recordings are in progress or coming up in a few seconds, are you sure you want to reboot?"

This message pops up even when there are no recordings & none scheduled for the day..
    Has anybody else had this issue?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• well if you dont bother to report those so called software issues, no one will know to fix them. none the less I have not encountered this issue my self so cant confirm it but then again i very rarely turn my box off.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• well if you dont bother to report those so called software issues, no one will know to fix them. none the less I have not encountered this issue my self so cant confirm it but then again i very rarely turn my box off.

Not reported buddy as we are just starting to notice it and collaborate now , glad you have joined in can you pass the issue on please , i had the boxnation issue on the solo 2 with vix for a while months ago but it cleared , 12606 2/3 27000 , see it your team is getting other reports on this also , cheers

Steve

Ive just tried again with enigma restart and full restart and its not doing it now , try again tf

I have not encountered this issue my self so cant confirm it but then again i very rarely turn my box off.

I thought you might not have encountered this one before pheonix as you have "6 box's running flawlessly for over a year"
    But I on the other hand have no agenda and no need or desire to pretend that all is always well 24/7 with ViX..
    I am simply looking for a solution for this ViX bug or at the very least find out which ViX update introduced it..

Ive just tried again with enigma restart and full restart and its not doing it now , try again tf

Did all that steve & cleared all timers, timeshift disabled (as always), still happening..
    Might just re-flash latest image...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• it must have been 2 or 3 builds before todays latest as ive tried a few times and its stopped ,but this is only on the duo 2 didnt test the solo 2 as serving other purposes build 734 now so lets at 730 didnt look what biuld i was on before checking for updates , still have a boxnation tune issue on duo 2

• Yep Im going to flash latest ViX build and test.. If all goes well I will not use the online update option in the future.
    To be honest, I have never had an issue free update with ViX.. I find the image works far better if flashed rather than updated..

• I have no agenda but if you want fixes you first have to report the issues, rather than magically expect them to appear.

yes i run several receivers on ViX which are updated online every time a update is available and rarely encounter issues, i have never seen this recordings in process error except in cases where a recording was actually in progress while going down for a reboot, i'm not saying it does not happen but i have not seen it. as for box nation no problem what so ever here.

• I thought you might not have encountered this one before pheonix as you have "6 box's running flawlessly for over a year"
    But I on the other hand have no agenda and no need or desire to pretend that all is always well 24/7 with ViX..
    I am simply looking for a solution for this ViX bug or at the very least find out which ViX update introduced it..

Why dont you just use another developers software because i can see your not happy with the software going by your posts...vix is a clone of open pli i think? pheonix who knows me from old will confirm..?

Unless your trying to get vix sorted out for other members on here thatfellow...got ya if thats the case..

Might as well stick the size 11 boot in now...has the green screens stopped on vix as thats all i seen when i used it:(

MK

• ..vix is a clone of open pli i think? pheonix who knows me from old will confirm..?

It's as much a clone of Pli as BH is of the VU+ OI. Yes ViX 2.0 was loosely based on Pli in the same Way that Pli based their own work on DMM's original OI but the difference between the two is now more than ever. ViX 4.xx which is in early alpha now is even further from that. Basically we maintain our own OE, The OE-Alliance OE and merge parts from Pli and others as needed, and because it's all open source any one else is free to do the same in return.

has the green screens stopped on vix as thats all i seen when i used it:(

MK

Depends on the plugins you use, My main receiver for family use ( a Ultimo ) is always running the latest build and very rarely if ever crashes, but then again it has only two external plugins installed one being Oscam the other being OnDemand.. The other Eight boxes are used for testing so get a bit more of a hammering.

• I see you are showing it working my solo 2 works duo 2 not , i will try a different image for the sake of trying but its not the dish or inputs had the boxes swapped around its annoying , this duo 2 has been the worst buy of the year so far will be selling it soon if this continues ,another solo 2 or hd2 i think

• I dont have a Duo2 on which to test but i cant see how it would make a difference, I have it working on the following.

Vu+ Uno
    Vu+ Ultimo
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Duo LE
    Vu+ Solo2
    TM-TWIN-OE
    TM-2T-OE

will also test it on my other box too when i have time but that one has yet to have a image officially released so cant name it. we would need to know more from other users of the Duo2 along with debug logs and softcam logs for these times in order to see whats going on, but yours is the first i have heard of this issue.

• It actually is really mad whats happening is if you put it to boxnation and even press menu it flickers off and on the screen even the menu screen goes away and comes back repeatedly only the one channel ive been thru everything ,im going to try on the dish next door also it video it if need be but itll be getting punted back to WOS to be looked at , still to try a different image will do that soon

• On the contrary Mee®kat, I would be a big fan of ViX & I would prefer to see these issues sorted and ViX getting back on track.. I am aware that ViX was branched from pli but nobody can deny the effort that has been put in to make this image a real contender for best image out there.. I just want to see things get back on track TBH.

pheonix, I have deleted all the autotimers and pending recordings & this issue is gone. (But there were no recordings active or coming up within hours when the issue was present)
    I regret not having more information on the issue but you were so dismissive of my original post that i couldn't be bothered.
    I have seen this attitute "elsewhere" too and it is really just shooting yourself & the ViX team in the foot when on one hand you say "why not report the issue so it can be sorted" and on the other hand you say that you never have problems & everyone reporting problems are doing something wrong.. Most people "myself included" have only one agenda, getting problems & bugs sorted.. If you do not take that on board then there is really no point in anyone bringing bug related information forward..

• On the contrary Mee®kat, I would be a big fan of ViX & I would prefer to see these issues sorted and ViX getting back on track.. I am aware that ViX was branched from pli but nobody can deny the effort that has been put in to make this image a real contender for best image out there.. I just want to see things get back on track TBH.

pheonix, I have deleted all the autotimers and pending recordings & this issue is gone. (But there were no recordings active or coming up within hours when the issue was present)
    I regret not having more information on the issue but you were so dismissive of my original post that i couldn't be bothered.
    I have seen this attitute "elsewhere" too and it is really just shooting yourself & the ViX team in the foot when on one hand you say "why not report the issue so it can be sorted" and on the other hand you say that you never have problems & everyone reporting problems are doing something wrong.. Most people "myself included" have only one agenda, getting problems & bugs sorted.. If you do not take that on board then there is really no point in anyone bringing bug related information forward..

If i was able to replicate your issues i would be the first one to say so and i would have also created a bug report for that but i'm unable to.

It's also all good and well reporting things here and i'm thankful of that but andy does not go to any other forums so unless people send him crash reports or post them in the ViX section on the WoS forum they can get overlooked. I'm not saying we ignore those posted else where as thats not the case, but it's hard enough to track down issues as it is without being expected to read all other forums in the hope of some one posting a bug.

Tried blackhole same issue so its hardware still to try another dish ,looks like a crap tuner as i found other horizontal channels doing it

Have you checked the signal strength on that frequency with sat finder?
    Might just be that your LNB is slightly missalligned, had this issue recently with Irish channels & channel 4 channels on a friends satellite (while all other channels were perfect).
    I used sat finder in the service searching menu to fine tune the LNB position & problem solved..

• Have you checked the signal strength on that frequency with sat finder?
    Might just be that your LNB is slightly missalligned, had this issue recently with Irish channels & channel 4 channels on a friends satellite (while all other channels were perfect).
    I used sat finder in the service searching menu to fine tune the LNB position & problem solved..

its all spot on with other channels and with my solo2 on the same dish and even lnb ports has to be a tuner fault 100% , still to test next doors dish with it , as a final test

• if it's a fixed dish make sure the LNB is skewed properly for that location ( This is not so important for motorized dishes as they adjust in the arc ). I cant speak for the sensitivity of the Dual tuner as i only have Single tuner cards in my Uno and Ultimo.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!