Bricked nBox ITI 5800S

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,525 times. The last Post () by sven20052010.

• hi everybody!

I got a premodded nbox ITI 5800s from poland some time ago and bricked it after I tried an E2 update over USB. Now the box is dead and the display shows nothing. I tried the method mentioned in this post http://linuxsat-support.com/nb…sx-dies-2.html#post127803, but it does not seem to work.

With A19 connected and an USB drive inserted, the display shows nothing. No uboot *, no FAIL and no OK. If I disconnect A19, I get TEST and flashing lights, nothing else.

Any ideas how to get this box working again? I searched several polish forums and tried to decypher some polish tutorials until I found this english speaking forum.

• Maybe you are right, but I have tried more than 100 times I think.

Here is my procedure, maybe there is the pitfall:
    1.The box is switched off, the USB stick is plugged in (I've tried two different sticks 1GB and 8GB, FAT32 formatted)
    2. change the Jumper so that A19 is connected instead of A20
    3. push and hold the power button
    4. switch on the power supply
    5. remove the Jumper so that A19 is not connected (I varied the time until I removed the jumper from immediately to a few seconds)

The result ist, that the display shows nothing or TEST. So what I'm doing wrong? Or could the USB connection/USB stick the reason for that?

• Look on eBay for a user called comet24uk. He will repair the box for you for around £30 so all is not lost.

I would suggest trying another usb stick as if its the same as mine it can be a little temperamental dependent on the brand of usb stick.

Nano

• If no one sees any big mistakes in my procedure I will try a different usb stick and maybe also a different formatting tool (I used the win8 formatting). Is there any chance to do a reflash over JTAG or serial? I saw that pins on the mainboard.

If I can't fix the box on my own I must send it to someone. Thanks for that suggestion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!