I need a new twin LNB, recommendations and how to set up for motorized dish + 2 STB?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 727 times. The last Post () by jackhulk.

• Hello

I currently have a 1.2M Trixa motorized dish with a single LNB (not sure of model). I need to replace this with a twin LNB, but wondering which one to get? The Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB looks good, but wondering if there are any others I should consider?

I imagined to fit it, it would be a simple case of swapping out old for new, but then of course I wasn't factoring in the extra coaxial cable! The current one feeds to the motor and then out again via loop. Do I take it then that the additional coaxial from twin LNB should be feed directly to my second STB? But this causes another problem as I then won't be able to move the dish using second STB. Is it not possible to have twin LNB going to separate STB, but still allow both STB to control satellite position?

Thank you

• You wont be able to have 2 boxes controlling the motor , the best you could do is control the master box remotely on a mobile phone to position the dish for the second box but its just as fast to go do it at the master box , or you could add an arm and extra lnbs to the dish to give you satellites via a diseqc switch on the second box when the master is parked at you most used satellite , not aware of a better solution

• The inverto black ultra is worth every penny buddy, replacing it is very easy, the lnb holder on a triax slots into the end of the dish arm, there is a small tab on each side of the holder which you can push in and then pull the lnb holder out from the end of the arm.

You would normally then set the second input from the dish in your tuner config as "second cable from motorised dish"

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Damn it! And I thought it would be so easy! Are there not any motors available that have twin inputs/outputs? The extra arms sounds like a good idea, but I can almost already feel the headaches in setting this up! I'll only be using one STB at any one time, but will need each to be able to drive the motor. I don't fancy faffing about having to control motor with one STB just to view on another. As such looks like I will have to loop and run cable from living to upstairs. Damn cables, I was hoping to get rid of some, but now looks like I'll be adding more! Grrrr.

I'm probably getting the TBS6922, so will loop out of AZBox in living room to TBS6925 upstairs, so would this be ok? I know from looping between AZBox (master) and TM9101, both can control motor (subject to AZBox in standby when using TM9101). Any reason why TBS6925 shouldn't be able to control motor with AZBox on standby?

• I'm probably getting the TBS6922, so will loop out of AZBox in living room to TBS6925 upstairs, so would this be ok? I know from looping between AZBox (master) and TM9101, both can control motor (subject to AZBox in standby when using TM9101). Any reason why TBS6925 shouldn't be able to control motor with AZBox on standby?

Do you guys think this would work OK or will there be signal lost? If so, how about a two way F splitter/patch cable to motor?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!