Installing old sly hdd in solo 2

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,364 times. The last Post () by limerick.

• Was thinking of getting a hdd for my solo2 and thought about my old sly hd box and was wondering if I could fit the hdd out of it to the solo2.It's a Maxtor 300gb Sata 150 hdd 3.5 series and its 5.75 inch X 4 inch.If not what is the best hdd to fit also what does the 2.5 inch mean when people talk about a 2.5 inch hdd ? is it the physical size or what ?

• The Maxtor 300gb from older generation sly hd boxes run like a bag of nails and are also very very noisy!!! If you cant really afford to splash out on a new hdd then you would be best to use a 3.5 inch from a later (250) sly hd model which has a 500 gb inside and runs relatively smooth..you should be able to pick one of those up on the usual bidding or sales sites at a reasonable price..thats what i use anyway in my duo for last 2 years.

2.5 inch drives are basically the same drives commonly used in laptops!!!

MK

• In my own boxes I use western digital bud, 1TB is the largest size of drive I have ever installed but at the min i am using a 500gb in each box, really depends how much recording you do. Never had any probs.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yep 500GB is plenty, I have a 1TB wasted in my VU & the most I ever used was about 250GB & that was recording stuff for the kids 4 r 5 times a day..
    Unless you plan to keep recordings forever you will be constantly recycling free space so don't get too tied up in HDD size..

SD recordings consume about 1.6GB p/hour while HD uses just over 3GB p/hour so a 500GB HDD would be good for 160 hours HD or 310 hours SD.. thats a lot ot TV!!

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Have ordered a western digital 1tb as there wasn't a great difference in price.(Better to be looking at it than looking for it lol )Thank's for the advice.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!