pvr function with twin lnb

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 541 times. The last Post () by ghostivv.

• I have an alien 2 box setup as part of a package. So basically I just turn it on and there are the channels. I have twin lnb and both the lines are working (I saw the installer test them OK).

The problem I'm having is that I can't watch one program while recording another. I've tried various things but when the timer kicks it off, the recording fails. One lnb is tuned to Astra 2a/2b/2d and the other to Badr 4/5/6. I have tried setting up the record timer on one then switching to the other to watch live, but when the timer triggers it fails. And if I record manually and then try to switch to the other satellite it says: 'please don't do that your are recording!'

The channel lists seem to be the same on both these satellites. I think it's weird its configured to Badr as that appears to be an African satellite but I'm in Europe and I'm not getting any of those African channels.

Anyone have any ideas to set me straight? thanks.

• which image..spark or e2? On spark, I couldn't get it work with mgcamd. At least not with recording one encrypted while watching another encrypted channel. But recording encrypted and watching FTA channel was fine. Oscam is working fine.

If on E2 image, I think your tuner setup is wrong. Mine is:
    Tuner A -> configuration mode - nothing connected
    Tuner B->
    configuration mode - simple
    mode - single
    satellite - 28.2E Eutelsat
    Send DiSEqC - no

Tuner C
    (if you got option then put "equal to B") or mine is
    same as Tuner B above: simple, single, 28.2E , no

• Thanks for the reply. It's spark. I don't know if it's mgcamd or oscam. How can I check?

The problem is that only 1 of the tuners is mapped to a satellite (astra2). What I need to do is to map astra2 to both tuners but when I go into menu/install/satellite install and try to do that there is no way I can. I've contacted the company that set it up and I'm waiting for a call back but we all know what that means.

• Hiya...had problem accessing site yesterday. Anyway I checked spark on my box and don't have any option under tuner configuration apart from either terrestrial or cable. Can you list what's on your box? (menu->install-> tuner configuration). As for mgcamd or oscam check on plugin and look for which ever is on green.

How did you know one tuner is mapped to Astra2? Just for test, can you record one paid channel eg sports1 and switch to watch FTA eg BBC1.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!