Wanted: Cheap Satellite Receiver

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 939 times. The last Post () by huester.

• Im looking for a cheap receiver for the bedroom, maby one that supports wifi and is able to run cccam or newcamd

thanks

Viewing As A Guest? Register And See More

Gigablue Hd Quad User

If You Like My Post Them Please Hit The Like Button :)

Please Remember To Read The Forum Rules To Avoid A Warning/Ban

• I had the same dilemma as you. I had to find a basic receiver for our bedroom. In the end I opted for the Ferguson A52E from the sponsors site. We just use ours for freesat which is more than enough for us upstairs but you can also buy a wifi adapter for it and you can run cccam if you so need. Just note though this isn't a E2 box just a very basic receiver. Hoe this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

• I wouldn´t spend my money on any other stb than one which fully supports enigma2..
    reason is that it will be open source with possiblity of plugins ,etc and not with a "locked closed sourced cam" ..etc..
    You only have to look at the sponsor´s offers and site to see what is available and then read users´experiences to then decide yourself...

• Are you looking at a new receiver or a second hand one?

Nano

• I would go for an Enigma 2 box rather than a closed source one anyday of the week, but thats just my opinion.

It also depends on if you are wanting HD. You can't go wrong with some of the older Enigma 1 boxes if HD is not an issue.

There are brand new genuine DM600 boxes on ebay at £99, there are also a few DM7020Si boxes on there also. Both boxes can have a HDD fitted to them so you can record stuff as a PVR.

Nano

• a bit too much for that m8, i can get one with warrenty etc for that, ill hold out for now m8

Viewing As A Guest? Register And See More

Gigablue Hd Quad User

If You Like My Post Them Please Hit The Like Button :)

Please Remember To Read The Forum Rules To Avoid A Warning/Ban

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!