CCcam crashing at random times due to **Stack Smashing detected**. Want to punch it!

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,269 times. The last Post () by jackhulk.

• Hello

I have this ongoing problem that is driving me nuts. CCcam keeps crashing and resetting due to 'stack smashing detected' and for the life of me, I cannot resolve it. I wish CCcam had a face I could punch! I would call it nasty names too!

My Debian server was running perfectly for a long time, then all of a sudden I started to get this error. I have searched high and low, but no one seems to know how to fix it. I know it's something to do with my (only) local JSC, as if I remove that, CCcam does not crash, and so suspected smargo reader. Here's what I've tried since...

1. Re-installed server.
    2. New smargo. Tried various different settings, re-installed drivers etc.
    3. Re-installed server with latest Debian.
    4. Various different version of CCcam.
    5. Re-installed on different PC.
    6. Purchased Omikey, re-installed server, this time running OScam + CCcam.
    7. Ruled out any possible bad peers.

...but problem STILL persists.

I am currently trying to figure out how to use OScam own CCcam protocol, so can bypass having to use separate CCcam, which may or may not solve the problem, but as I understand it OScam's own CCcam isn't without problems.

Here is check.log....

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this please?

Thank you

• Thanks Ten Below!

Milhamu it's the same card I had for years, same card that worked with CCcam 2.1.3 for years, then all of a sudden this error kept happening again and again and again!

Changed versions and finally solid again (at long last!)

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!