Tutorial : Lock cardreader to specific usb port

There are 44 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,024 times. The last Post () by teo1966.

• Those that use smargos in a linux pc setup have probably come across the frustration that after a reboot the smargos no longer correspond to the device positions which you have setup in your relevant cams and your card won't read . A very easy trick is as follows : -

create the following wordpad document with this text :-

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6001", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403",
    SYMLINK+="ttyUSB_%b", KERNEL=="ttyUSB[0123456789]", MODE="0666"

save it as "52_reader"

ftp the file into etc/udev on linux . chmod to 755 then reboot pc and setup your usb on oscam/cccam etc ,thats it !

Then give your pc another reboot and test.

regards

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• hi thanks for the post but you didnt mention what file format sould be saveas 52_reader txt or what.
    thanks you

• sorry a .rules file

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Hi

I have placed the 52_reader.rules file in the etc/udev folder but I am not sure how to use the chmod 755 comand. Could someone help please?

Regards

Hi

I have placed the 52_reader.rules file in the etc/udev folder but I am not sure how to use the chmod 755 comand. Could someone help please?

Regards

I have used the command chmod 755 /etc/udev/52_reader.rules and it says "no such files or directory.

Regards

• Official Post

Hi

Regards

I have used the command chmod 755 /etc/udev/52_reader.rules and it says "no such files or directory.

Regards

The tutorial says to save the file as "52_reader" so try

Code
    chmod 755 /etc/udev/52_reader

Another option is to ftp to the location and set attributes manually. (right click on the file & choose properties)

• Hi Ten Below

It says to save it as a . rules file. so I used a notepad file from wine, copied and pasted (SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6001", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403",
    SYMLINK+="ttyUSB_%b", KERNEL=="ttyUSB[0123456789]", MODE="0666") into it then saved it as 52_reader.rules I put it into my etc/udev folder then ran my terminal in root then ran the command chmod 755 /etc/udev/52_reader.rules It said no such file or directory. Then I remamed it to just 52_reader and it said the same. I have obviously gone wrong somewhere.

Regards

• Hi Ten Below

No m8. I just pluged it into a usb port and away it went. Then I pluged my Smargos in. Did lsusb sorted my Oscam files out and I thought that was it as everything was working fine. I take it thats another mistake I have made?

Regards

Hi Guys

Anybody else out there who can help?

Regards

• Hi Admin
    can you please explain for me how to connect smargos to specific ports
    i am using usb hub 1 smargo in oscam 2 smargo in cccam
    what happens always is my smargo in oscam is ok one smargo in cccacm is ok but when i add the third smargo for cccam then server hang after reboot and overlapping in smargos places and cards
    so i just use only one smargo on oscam and only one in cccam
    can you advice my how to add the third one in cccam and how to avoid any conflict after reboot ?
    if i use this file will solve my problem?
    and what is the process step by step from the beginning?
    i am really appreciate your help
    thanks

• Thank master G for pointing me to this tutorial.
    What i need to know is will this cause any problems on my Ubuntu Server if i have a smargo reading one card and a phoenix programmer reading the other.
    What i,m finding now is if the server is powered off my card readers are lost when it reboots, i run through another tutorial to re configure the pheonix and to put it to 3.57mhz and the only way i seem to be able to get card readers back on with cccam conecting to oscam is to reboot server and to switch off my router for about 2 mins.
    after that readers and users (newcamd) show up in oscam webint.
    Sorry if this does not make much sense but no point in me loading this 52_reader if its not what i need and will cause problems.
    Maybe someone with a simlar setup to me will know.

Cheers

Jono:hilinuxsat:

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

• To fix smargos on specific ports you have to load smargos with 1.5 firmware.
    When you compile oscam on Yr pc You have also a small bin called list_smargo. Give this bin chmod 755 and insert the smargos (as much as You want) in Yr pc.
    Run list_smargo and on terminal you have:

Looking for smartreader with an out endpoint = 0x82 :
    bus 003, device 002 : 0403:6001 Smartreader (Device=003:002 EndPoint=0x82 insert in oscam.server 'Device = Serial:Reader 6CD3C34')
    bus 003, device 003 : 0403:6001 Smartreader (Device=003:003 EndPoint=0x82 insert in oscam.server 'Device = Serial:Reader 3A0E6AB')
    bus 008, device 002 : 0403:6001 Smartreader (Device=008:002 EndPoint=0x82 insert in oscam.server 'Device = Serial:Reader 878FB20')
    bus 008, device 003 : 0403:6001 Smartreader (Device=008:003 EndPoint=0x82 insert in oscam.server 'Device = Serial:Reader C2AC705'

I.e each smargo has now a serial number of its own.

In oscam server use this syntax in reader part:

protocol = smartreader
    device = Serial:Reader C2AC705

and bind any card you want
    do the rest for other cards and now You have fixed smargos and the cards and they never mix even if on restart or changing them from pc to pc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!